About the role
As the Manager – Mental Health & AOD Reform, you will provide strategic leadership to develop and implement a framework for EACH’s mental health and AOD services in line with the Royal Commission’s recommendations. You will work in partnership with operational teams, National Clinical and Practice Leads, corporate services, and other internal and external stakeholders.
You will co-design with the community and customers, working alongside those with lived experience, and support the implementation of service models, systems and processes required to deliver safe, effective, person-centred, connected and sustainable services.
This role also provides oversite of the development, implementation, and success of the Peer Cadet Program and other Lived Experience workforce initiatives.
This position will be offered in a full-time capacity until 27 October 2023.
A little more about you..
To thrive in this role, you will:
- Have qualifications in an area relevant to mental health and/or AOD, or change management
- Have a strong understanding and commitment to the Mental Health Reform agenda in Victoria and an understanding of the National Mental Health and AOD context
- Be able to utilise co-design methodologies to design services and business models, systems and processes
- Be passionate about building the lived experience workforce and lived experience voice within all aspects service development, delivery and review.
- Be purpose-driven and client-centred; bringing a strength-based approach to EACH’s people, service, clients, families, and carers,
- Share EACH’s values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; modelling inclusive behaviours and creating a culture of belonging,
- Have demonstrated experience in strategic management and leadership
- Be skilled at cultivating collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to drive change, influence outcomes and capability of services
Who you’ll be working with
This role sits within EACH’s Service Design team that currently consists of 6 Service Design Managers holding portfolios across a range of different community health and social services.
All team members work somewhat independently, within agreed Service Design systems, with operational areas related to their assigned portfolio. We also have an administrative officer that assists the team with the day-to-day administrative support.
What we offer
- Work arrangements that flex to you
- Providing opportunities to grow and develop
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free of income tax per year AND up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
and other systemic changes.
About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
The Mental Health and AOD Strategy and Reform work at EACH is an exciting new initiative focused on responding to the recommendations for the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System, as well as those from the Productivity Commission Inquiry into Mental Health and other systemic changes.
How to apply
We want to know why you would like to come work with EACH and what you can bring to this role. When you click on apply now you'll be redirected to our career centre, where the position description is available. Please attach a cover letter with your resume.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact:
Lauren Barker, Lead Service Design Manager on 0437 886 457.
Please quote in application: Manager - Mental Health and AOD Reform via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health