About the role
- Exciting new pilot program in Australia
- Leadership position
- Richmond location – onsite parking available and close to public transport
- Competitive Remuneration Package
An exciting opportunity for you to bring your experience and skills to contribute to the new Stop it Now! program to prevent child sexual abuse and offending.
About the program
Stop it Now! seeks to prevent child sexual abuse and offending involving online child abuse material. It currently operates successfully in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland and the Netherlands, having been first established by a victim-survivor of child sexual abuse in the U.S. Jesuit Social Services has received funding to pilot Stop it Now! in Australia. Noting the recent Federal Government commitment in the National Strategy to Prevent and Respond to Child Sexual Abuse to fund a Stop it Now! style program in Australia, we look forward to the opportunity to seek further funding to expand this pilot.
The program’s key feature is an anonymous phone helpline for people who are worried about their own sexual thoughts and behaviours in relation to children, as well as professionals and family members who are concerned about the behaviour of others. The service also includes a website with advice, self-help materials and guidance to raise awareness around child abuse. Stop it Now! is dedicated to reducing or eliminating the sexual abuse and exploitation of children and seeks to achieve this by engaging with adults who may go on to harm children. While the service can be accessed both anonymously and confidentially, all mandatory reporting guidelines will be complied with.
The Jesuit Social Services Scoping Study is available at: https://jss.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Stop-It-Now.pdf
About the role
The Stop it Now! Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership, support and direction to the implementation of the Stop it Now! pilot in Australia, leading a small team of staff. The Manager will provide national leadership in the development and sustainability of a Stop it Now! service in Australia.
This includes development and continuous improvement of the Stop it Now! clinical model, leading development and implementation of the training program for the Stop it Now! team, engaging with Stop it Now! participants and supporting the evaluation of the service by the University of Melbourne.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for developing and maintaining key relationships with child sexual abuse prevention agencies in Australia and overseas and other partner agencies involved in the pilot implementation, including funders.
This is a full time position with competitive remuneration, plus salary packaging benefit, offered together with ongoing professional and career development.
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Commitment to and demonstrated practice experience in working with people who are concerned about their sexual thoughts towards children or have perpetrated child sexual abuse.
- Commitment and demonstrated practice experience working to support other professionals and non-offending family members respond to concerns related to child sexual abuse.
- Commitment and demonstrated practice experience working with children who are at risk of experiencing child sexual abuse and their families.
- Knowledge of practice frameworks and approaches for working with serious offenders, phone-based support, and risk.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing practice governance processes, including the provision of leadership and supervision to a small team.
- Experience managing programs including managing relationships and reporting to key stakeholders such as government departments and funders.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and develop respectful collaborative relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from other organisations.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly according to changing needs and demands.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services.
- Valid Working with Children Check card.
- Current driver’s license.
- Successfully completed Police Check to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
Jesuit Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, age, gender, sexuality, disability or religious affiliation.
Jesuit Social Services is a Child Safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
You are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Code of Conduct.
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
How to apply
The position description is available from our website, www.jss.org.au.
For further information please contact Kathya Martyres, Senior Program Designer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are required to respond to each of the Key Selection Criteria, with names and contact numbers of two referees.
Your responses to the selection criteria should be incorporated into your covering letter.
Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 5.00pm Friday 3 December 2021.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Please quote in application: Manager, Stop it Now! via Pro Bono Australia.