About the role
The Ventilator Accommodation Support Service (VASS) comprises of four community based houses established in 2007 in Clarendon Street, Thornbury and provide permanent accommodation across three houses and regular planned short term accommodation support in one house for people who are ventilator dependent. Participants are funded by the National Disability Insurance Scheme and there are some service users funded by the Disability Support for Older Australians Program (DSOA). The service is supported by a Steering Committee, chaired by the President of the Australian Ventilator Users Network (AVUN).
The service is based on a strong partnership between permanent residents, short term accommodation participants, AVUN, Austin Health and Yooralla. Permanent residents and short term accommodation participants are actively consulted in the management, development and day to day operations of the support service through the Steering Committee. The service is designed to provide participants an alternative home through encouraging self-direction and self-management of supports and independent decision making.
The manager employed at VASS Clarendon Street is responsible for managing the service and leading a team of staff in the delivery of high quality services. The Manager is a registered nurse who is responsible for providing operational and clinical leadership that optimises the specialist health and clinical needs of each resident and short term accommodation participant in a way that reflects the individual’s care needs in a respectful and dignified manner. The service is located in a community based setting and importantly continues to operate as community based supported accommodation service providing a home where resident and short term accommodation users feel safe and where they can maintain choice and control and active engagement in the community.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Proven experience as a leader of services, preferably in a complex, diverse, multi-disciplinary environment and demonstrated people management skills, particularly in leadership and development of teams
- Demonstrated understanding of sector wide disability and health issues and the ability to inform strategy regarding service delivery models and associated costs
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent.
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) with a minimum 5 years’ experience in roles with managerial responsibility.
- Post Graduate qualification in Management or other equivalent and relevant qualification
About the organisation
At Yooralla we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers.
Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for almost 100 years.
We employ approximately 2000 individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose.
- Salary Packaging benefits available to not-for-profit organisations which results in significant tax savings
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower people with disability to reach their maximum potential
- Career progression opportunities in a fast-paced, growth sector
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager – Ventilator Accommodation Support Service (VASS) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Disabilities, #Health_–_General