About the organisation
The WNH provides services in a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive manner. The House operates from a modern Community Centre adjacent to the Warrandyte Library, and a number of other local community groups also provide services from the Centre. We aim to provide a range of opportunities for residents to connect and learn through programs aimed at meeting identified community needs.
About the role
We are looking for a leader who can grow and develop our services. We are seeking someone with experience in community development, good leadership skills and the ability to build community partnerships.
This part time role (26 hrs per week) is pivotal in leading the WNH. Reporting to the Board, the role supports the implementation of our Vision and Mission and the WNH Strategic Plan. We are in a sound financial position and opportunities are available to implement new programs and activities to increase community connection and participation. Staff and the Board work collaboratively to develop strategy and you will have the autonomy to design and implement innovative programs. This role provides the opportunity to work with a highly engaged community where partnerships with other services can be developed to improve community wellbeing.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Development, Social Sciences, a related discipline and/or extensive relevant experience in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing community development projects and events.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and work collaboratively to support staff and volunteers.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships, maintaining networks and developing collaborative community opportunities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Warrandyte Neighbourhood House via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Education_and_Training