About the role
FightMND was established in 2014 with the purpose of finding effective treatments and ultimately a cure for Motor Neurone Disease (MND). The Foundation is the voice and guiding star for Australians who want to fight MND, referred to as ‘The Beast’ by Neale Daniher. MND remains a terminal diagnosis with no effective treatments or cure. Until a cure is found, FightMND is supporting those currently living with the disease by funding vital equipment and aides in order that they may maintain independence, dignity, and an improved quality of life.
Reporting to the Fundraising Director and working closely with the dynamic FightMND team, the Philanthropy Manager will manage and nurture relationships with a portfolio of current and prospective major donors and those who wish to leave a legacy through a gift in their Will.
You will develop and implement strategies to grow the major donor and bequest portfolios, including prospecting and identification, cultivation and conversion, and stewardship and retention. The ability to develop specific journeys for major donors that result in satisfaction and retention will be important, as will the ability to work collaboratively and build effective relationships with decision makers and diverse stakeholder groups, both internally and externally.
- You’re a motivated and outcomes-focussed fundraising specialist with high level communication skills and a thorough understanding of the principles of major gift fundraising, solicitation, and stewardship.
- A strategic relationship fundraiser with demonstrated experience in developing major gifts and bequest programs.
- Ability to deliver professional presentations, tell compelling stories and communicate impact.
- Innovative and collaborative with a can-do approach and proven success in delivering ‘The Ask’ in order to
secure transformational and multi-year gifts.
- Strong alignment to FightMND’s values – Urgency, Integrity, Efficiency, Boldness and Collaboration.
- A relevant qualification in Fundraising, Marketing or Business is highly regarded.
APPLY NOW if you have proven experience in driving and growing a successful philanthropy program, plus integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission of FightMND.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Jenni D’Orival or Michelle Varcoe on 03 8375 9661 or email@example.com
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.