About the organisation
About the role
St John of God Health Care (SJGHC) is a leading Catholic provider of high-quality health and community services across Australia and New Zealand. Established in Western Australia more than 30 years ago with a vision to provide healing, hope and a greater sense of dignity, particularly to those most in need. SJGHC’s vision is to bring healing to people through services that are caring, comforting and affirming, spreading hope and a greater sense of dignity.
SJGHC employs over 15,500 staff and its values of hospitality, compassion, respect, justice and excellence is enabled by the generosity of supporters to develop new services and social outreach to those experiencing disadvantage. St John of God Foundation supports the work of SJGHC, raising significant support to meet the healthcare needs of the community and deliver exceptional care.
Benefits & Culture
- Attractive remuneration and salary packaging
- Respectful, collaborative, high performing team
- Opportunity to shape position and build a legacy
- Flexible working arrangements
You will join a team embarking on an aspirational growth plan. You will be responsible for leading and growing a portfolio of philanthropic relationships, aligned with the world class St John of God Subiaco Hospital. You will contribute to the vision and direction of an organisation that has significant potential to improve the lives of others through the funding of healthcare programs.
In this role you will;
- Develop income from major, corporate and gifts in wills supporters
- Prepare and present proposals, reports and donor collateral
- Collaborate with the team to develop a best-practice program
- Develop relationships with key internal networks
This role is suited to a senior philanthropic, major donor or corporate fundraiser from the charity, health, NGO, university or cultural sectors, with experience in raising income from philanthropic relationships including major, corporate and gifts in wills supporters. You may have corporate business development skills developed via the health industry or like–minded corporate.
Whatever your professional background you will definitely be;
- A respectful and collaborative team player, a sophisticated and clear communicator
- Strategic, able to plan and provide vision and direction to a new program
- Pro-active and innovative, able to build internal and external relationships
- Credible and confident, able to engage stakeholders at all levels
- Experienced in meeting targets and/or making high level asks
- Willing to embrace the values of SJGHC
If you are passionate about developing a philanthropic portfolio that funds health programs and medical research that helps to improve lives, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required section above quoting reference 826297. Alternatively, please contact Richard Green in Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8243 0570.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager – Perth via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #ResearchMedical_Research