About the organisation
Our purpose is to donate business expertise to positively change communities.
ABV is a team of several hundred Skilled Business Professionals (SBPs) enabled by a small salaried team. Together we source opportunities throughout Asia Pacific and in Australia to work in partnership with corporates and deliver impactful corporate social responsibility programs. We guarantee sustainable outcomes for communities, through strengthening small businesses and not for profits, leading to poverty alleviation. As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, ABV is taking on a new and growing range of exciting projects, working with our partners and volunteers across Australia and overseas.
With 40 years’ experience across Australia, Asia and Pacific, ABV is focussed on programs that produce outcomes, positive stories of change for the small businesses and not-for-profits that our Skilled Business Professionals and staff support through transferring Australian business know-how and experience.
ABOUT ABV AND NAB PARTNERSHIP
ABV and NAB partnered together to build a unique immersive skilled volunteering program that has triple impact and contributes to sustainable social change. It benefits the community, NAB colleagues individually and NAB as an organisation. Over the past four years, the partnership has gone from strength to strength, enabling scale and growth of the program. The partnership is now entering an exciting new phase where a program director is required to develop a core group of strategic volunteering partners aligned to NAB’s Social Impact investment and strategy.
About the role
Position title: Program Director, Volunteering Partnerships
Term: Full time, ongoing (hybrid working)
Salary range: $95,000 – 105,000 base + super
Closing date: Sunday Jan 9, 2022
- Exciting opportunity for a Program Director, Volunteering Partnerships to join the ABV team
- Flourish in this unique role, embedded within the Volunteering Program of National Australia Bank’s (NAB’s) Social Impact team
- Be part of this engaging and collaborative team
This role exists to help communities prosper by:
- Developing and managing volunteering partnerships between NAB and selected not for profit partners.
- Managing ABV’s skilled volunteering opportunities with NAB
What you’ll be doing
- Work with NAB’s Social Impact team to identify, develop, negotiate and manage day-to-day volunteering relationships with selected not-for-profits aligned with NAB’s social impact focus areas in accordance with the Partnering Cycle approach.
- Developing annual pipeline of employee volunteer opportunities within the partnerships and managing opportunities end to end with volunteers and partners to ensure company and employee satisfaction.
- Plan, deliver and monitor implementation and reporting of programs, projects and partnerships.
- Create content for communication channels and platforms internally and externally as required.
- Delivery of ABV’s skilled volunteering opportunities with NAB (including Natural Disaster Recovery projects and Community Strategy Challenges).
- Working with the ABV CEO to develop and manage the NAB/ABV partnership including the development of proposals, presentations and reports as required.
- Regular program reporting and analysis of the program including producing timely and accurate program metrics and contributions as required.
- Work with Program team to design and continuously evolve ABV’s program offerings.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for a resourceful self-starter who has the ambition to grow and develop in this role and is an adaptable team player. You will have:
- Extensive experience (at least 10 years) in program and project design, implementation and management in the Australian not for profit sector and/or international development sector. Experience either working in a corporate environment or working closely with corporate teams is desirable.
- Proven track record, skills and experience in partnership brokering and management, working with a broad range of stakeholders from CEOs and executives to community organisations.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of both the not-for-profit sector and corporate organisational issues, challenges and opportunities for mutual collaboration and shared impact
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization as a team player, working collaboratively with and through others.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and developing small teams of staff, with a commitment to mentoring.
- Outstanding administrative, project management and organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities within a fast-paced environment, with the ability to implement process and focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills both good written and verbal skills as well as exceptional stakeholder engagement.
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline such as international development or business management.
ABV’s office is located in Sydney although this role will be based in Victoria, with an expectation of being able to work remotely from home and to commute to NAB’s office in Melbourne CBD at least 3 days per week.
All staff are responsible for complying with all ABV policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct, financial delegations and health and safety standards. Further information about ABV can be found on the website at: www.abv.org.au. You will also be required to undertake NAB’s probity check requirements.
OTHER BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
All employment packages include exempt fringe benefits (PBI) up to $15,900 per annum
- Employment Assistance Program
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Family friendly work environment
To discuss the role contact Naomi Toole email@example.com or on +61 404 397 355
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Director, Volunteering Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.