About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Quit unit of the Cancer Prevention Division has been provided with funding to create a National Quit™ Resource and Training Centre for Nicotine Cessation (“Quit Centre”) to support the implementation of new smoking cessation clinical guidelines in the health system.
About the role
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Part time (0.5FTE), 18-month position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Pharmacist Advisor to join the Quit Centre. Reporting to the Health System Reform Manager position, your role is to:
- Develop and deliver or facilitate formal and informal learning opportunities to support community pharmacists to deliver smoking and vaping cessation care
- Consult with pharmacists to identify emerging issues and knowledge gaps in smoking and vaping cessation
- Provide advice to the Quit Director and the Quitline Quality Group, based on emerging literature and practice insights around smoking and vaping cessation care
- Contribute to, and author, content for non-peer reviewed publications, website and newsletters
All about you
We are looking for a proactive and collaborative team player with proven ability to problem-solve and manage timelines:
- Must be currently registered (unconditional) as a pharmacist with AHPRA
- Must have significant experience working in retail/community pharmacy
- Must have current professional indemnity insurance
- Experience in education, public health or related discipline is desirable
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $75,486 – $84,872 pa (pro rata for part-time – negotiable dependent on experience) plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on how health professionals can support their patients to cease smoking and vaping
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Quit Pharmacist Advisor (QUIT.118) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Training, #Health_–_General