About the organisation
About the role
Blue Knot Foundation’s core mission is to support the recovery of adult survivors of childhood trauma. They offer a range of important services including the Blue Knot Helpline, Trauma Informed Case Management to support applicants applying for the National Redress Scheme, National Counselling and Referral Service supporting the Disability Royal Commission, educational workshops, professional development training, supervision, consultancy and other services.
Blue Knot Foundation is committed to enabling people affected by childhood trauma to live satisfying and meaningful lives, and to feel connected with their communities.
Benefits & Culture
- Passionate and collaborative team culture
- Substantial self-care component
- Commitment to training and development
- Diverse recognition framework
- Generous salary packaging provisions
This position supports the resourcing and operation of the Redress Support Service. It collaborates with the Helpline Senior Counsellor to ensure optimal performance and resourcing across the helpline and redress services. The position supervises and supports Redress Counsellors, develops resources and assists with recruitment and staff management. The role also requires direct clinical work with survivors.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a small Redress client case load
- Support the recruitment, induction and training
- Provide mentoring, support, debriefing and professional development
- Scheduling and rostering across both teams for enhanced responsiveness
- Ensure best practice counselling frameworks and data collection protocols are adhered to
- Working with the Redress Coordinator to deliver efficient service delivery across the program
Skills & Experience Required
You have a background providing counselling to survivors of complex trauma, and or violence, people with disabilities and/or in mental health with experience leading, supervising, managing or coaching staff.
You are flexible and can work in a fast paced, pressured environment, with fluctuating demands and meet the unique requirements arising from the caller’s needs. Additionally you will have:
- Current membership or eligibility to a relevant professional body
- Tertiary qualifications in counselling, social work or psychology
- A person-centred approach to working with people
- Supervision experience of individuals or teams
- Experience working with the dynamics and impacts of trauma
- Skills in risk assessment, intervention and crisis management
- High level of efficiency in time management and scheduling
- An understanding of counselling and support services available to survivors
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, excel, outlook and internet use)
- Availability and willingness to work across a seven-day roster
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply
If you are passionate about empowering people with complex trauma, hold suitable qualifications and experience, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively call Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 if you have specific questions about this opportunity.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Redress Senior Counsellor – Complex Trauma via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Indigenous, #Mental_Health