About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part Time (45.6 hrs per fortnight), Ongoing role based in Coburg
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Education & Training Officer who has relevant industry background and experience (teaching, AOD, mental health) and who has the ability to develop high quality education and training as well as delivering dynamic and professional training programs. The role will also contribute to the development of resources and initiatives around prevention and reduction of drug and mental health related harms.
The position will continue the relationships within the different teams across Uniting and to new and existing staff in the AOD & Mental Health sectors. You will be responsible for training schedules, delivery and assessment structures. The theory and practical workshops and activities for the AOD units of competencies will be a blended course through our learning management system and face-to-face. There maybe some travel required.
- Current TAE40116 in Training & Assessment or above
- Current First Aid (HLTAID011) & CPR (HLTAID009)
- Hold current Certificate IV in CHCOAD qualifications or higher
- Extensive demonstrated experience working in the AOD field of work (essential)
- Qualifications or Professional development in mental health provision of services preferred, but not essential
- Demonstrated attention to detail with well-developed administrative and organisational skills to effectively manage high volumes of work and determine priorities, meet targets and deadlines.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Monday 29 November 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Annette Smith, Manager – Workforce Development on 0435 079 300
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Education & Training Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People