About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Community Care, Client Connections team for an self-motivated, innovative and energetic leader to supervise, support and lead a team of skilled direct care staff in the provision of Domestic Assistance, Personal Care, Respite Care and Social Support Individual services for older adults, people with disabilities and their carers who are in receipt of Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP).
The role will report to the Client Connections Team Leader, will liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders and be responsive to meeting the diverse needs of clients and staff.
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to a team of Community Care workers.
- Coordinate in-home and community based services for older adults, people with disabilities and their carers who are in receipt of CHSP and (HACC PYP) services.
- Ensure services are delivered within the Framework of Reablement and Person Centred model with the objective of assisting clients to live as independently as possible for as long as possible.
- Provide a leadership role inclusive of direction and promotion of the Client Connection Services, processes and outcomes and influencing effective industry practice.
- Contribute to the management of the budget and resourcing systems of Community Client Connections Services by meeting funding and service agreements within allocated budget.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in health, community services or disability and/or substantial experience in a similar position.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of CHSP and HACC services.
- Extensive experience in managing staff.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- High-level planning and decision-making skills.
- Committed to working as part of a team.
About the organisation
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Service Coordination Officer via Pro Bono Australia.