About the organisation
The Magistrates Court of Victoria (MCV) is a jurisdiction within the Court Services Victoria statutory
authority and has a long history of providing justice for the people of Victoria in metropolitan and
regional courts across the state.
The Court determines in excess of 300,000 cases per annum at 51 venues, equating to approximately
90 per cent of all cases that come before Victorian courts each year. The Court aims to be an
innovative, accessible and responsive court that provides quality services to the Victorian community.
About the role
- Part time (3 days per week) position within the Assessment & Referral Court (ARC) team
based at the Frankston court.
- Working therapeutically with a multidisciplinary team based within the Magistrates’ Court.
- Opportunity to be a part of a multidisciplined team where no two days are the same.
- Opportunity to apply your therapeutic skills and experience with a complex client group.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Part Time (3 days per week) Advanced Case Manager within the
Assessment and Referral Court (ARC) based at the Frankston Magistrates Court.
The Assessment and Referral Court is a specialist court program designed to meet the needs of
accused persons who present with cognitive impairment and/ or enduring mental health conditions.
The ARC Program combines a solution focussed court approach with a therapeutic case
management framework which aims to improve the health and wellbeing of accused persons with a
disability and/ or enduring mental health condition/s by facilitating access to appropriate treatment and
support services to reduce social or cultural disadvantage, to facilitate participants rehabilitation and
recovery and to increase community safety by addressing the underlying contributing factors to
– Tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level highly desirable) related to case management practice
with forensic clients; such as social work, psychology, welfare, drug and alcohol or another related
field and/or relevant experience.
– Experience providing complex case management support; taking a holistic, strengths-based and
– Experience communicating hope and optimism for change and applying a person-centred and
evidence-based approach to support and enhance the client's motivation.
– Knowledge of how to engage with clients through assessment and treatment planning to develop a
person-centred individual support plan.
– Can ensure clear communication, documentation, information security and confidentiality.
– Able to work with diversity in a way that displays respect and cultural sensitivity and ensuring that
services are delivered in a way that is family/person-centred, and responsive to and inclusive of the
diverse needs and backgrounds of all clients.
– Experience preparing reports on client progress and can effectively speak to your work in a court
In return, CSS offers a unique opportunity to develop your clinical skills within a supportive team
environment. You will be provided with ongoing professional development opportunities and be part of
a court-based team committed to supporting people on bail to make changes in their lives.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit
careers.vic.gov.au by 03/01/2022.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Advanced Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.