About the organisation
About the role
GetUp is seeking a Campaign Enablement Lead to foster relationships with vision-aligned individuals, supporters and community partners. Working collaboratively with GetUp’s campaigners and senior leadership, you will help inspire people to continue or increase their support and involvement with the GetUp movement.
This is a terrific opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that is giving everyday people the opportunity to take part in our democracy, hold our politicians to account, and create a more fair, flourishing and just Australia.
SCHADS Classification Level 5-6 salary range is $84,854.12 – $96,794.88 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent contract ideally based in Sydney.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
You will be part of the Development, Fundraising and Finance Team. This is a high performance team who ensures GetUp has the means to win big and deliver on key issues, and who ensures meaningful and engaging experiences for the tens of thousands of everyday people who power GetUp’s work.
The Campaign Enablement Lead will be responsible for:
- Proactively developing relationships with individuals and partners who financially support GetUp’s campaigns;
- Leading on member relationship management and administration, including arranging meetings between GetUp supporters, staff and Board, and record keeping;
- Working collaboratively with Campaigns Teams and other internal stakeholders to develop compelling information about the campaigns to build up cases for support;
- Identifying and responding to grant opportunities with compelling submissions;
- Implementing strong systems to thank and report back to members and community partners who support GetUp campaigns to showcase the impact of their contributions;
- Contributing to a strong team culture of experimentation, innovation and evaluation;
- Leading from within the Development and Finance Team to execute its strategy and meet its goals; and
- Supervising or managing staff to success as required.
You will be someone who:
- is passionate about building relationships to grow and strengthen a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on a range of progressive issues;
- is a people person who builds rapport easily and has strong written and verbal communication skills;
- is interested in current affairs and Australian politics (interest is what’s needed, you don’t have to be an expert);
- is results-oriented and data-driven;
- thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and
- has at least 3 years professional experience and has worked in one or more of the following: sales, partnerships, campaigning, advocacy, organising, fundraising or philanthropy.
If these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Applications close Monday 10 January 2022, please apply via the GetUp website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Campaign Enablement Lead via Pro Bono Australia.