About the organisation
About the role
TaylorCare has partnered with a large not-for-profit community service provider in VIC which delivers a range of services within homelessness within family violence and financial support programs through multi-disciplinary teams with a focus on the provision of effective and seamless services to clients.
The NFPs primary focus is to provide quality services for people at risk or experiencing homelessness, people with a disability, and people struggling with complex needs including substance abuse and mental health issues – advocate for vulnerable and disadvantaged people, respect their dignity and rights and understand their needs so as to provide them with support and encouragement and enable greater independence.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Community Housing currently manages over 350 properties across two teams based at Glenroy (Northern Community Hub). These properties include THM stock in Local Government Areas Hume and Moreland; Independent Living Units across regional Victoria and Inner Melbourne, head leased properties throughout metropolitan Melbourne as well as a community rooming house in Sunbury.
We are seeking an energetic Tenancy and Property Manager to work within a committed team to deliver a range of direct services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the community.
You will use your knowledge & interpersonal skills to work with tenants to provide successful housing outcomes, in a social landlord capacity.
The Tenancy and Property role is located at Glenroy, within the Northern Community Hub and is part of the Housing Services Stream. This role will manage a portfolio of properties and work closely and collaboratively with support agencies with the aim of providing positive outcomes for tenants.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Relevant tertiary qualifications In Social Work, Psychology or equivalent.
- Full drivers License
- Demonstrated Tenancy and Property Management experience
- Experience in or a sound working knowledge of social housing and working with people experiencing disadvantage and/or homelessness
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 and VCAT proceedings is an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues that confront people at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
- A passion to redress disadvantage in our community and to work diligently toward ending homelessness.
- Demonstrated capacity to interact with others with sensitivity and diplomacy and to build effective relationships with colleagues, clients and other service providers.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including a high level of data accuracy and uptake as well as strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer literacy, demonstrated experience utilising the Microsoft Windows suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Experience in the use of the Chintaro tenancy and property database is an advantage but not necessary.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Highly developed written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- An ability to readily adapt to the changing demands of an evolving service system.
- An ability to relate effectively and sensitively to people experiencing homelessness.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own workload
- Being able to contribute to team outcomes and a positive team culture.
- High degree of self motivation.
A competitive salary package is on offer – Permanent position, base salary $72,300 to $77,850, depending on experience. Plus salary sacrifice, Leave Loading and Super.
Why work with TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We recently won the RCSA Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2018 for our work in the community.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus – If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive up to $350 Gift vouchers or donation to your chosen charity T&C’s Apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don’t delay, send your CV to Celeste at email@example.com, APPLY NOW below or call Celeste on 0457 449 135 for a confidential discussion.
Your next role awaits you!
How to apply
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Supportive Housing Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing