About the organisation
The Junction Works is a for purpose provider that has been operating within Greater Western Sydney since 1987. With a Mission of ‘creating new possibilities in people’s lives’, they focus on delivering creative and enriching community, youth, children’s and disability services that are designed to improve the lives of some of our community’s most vulnerable people.
The Junction Works service provision is underpinned by the philosophy and practice of being person-centred. With almost 30 sites with Austral and Seven Hills being the largest, they work within homes and centres across Greater Western and South Western Sydney.
The Junction Works aims for services that engage their clients. The staff share a passion for the people they support while building intentional trust relationships with their clients; which allows them to be more confident in how they live their life.
About the role
The Junction Works has flourished and grown since the establishment of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and has developed a strong reputation as a provider of ethical and responsive services.
Working with the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Services Officer will have the primary purpose of bringing together the core internal services across disability, children, youth and community. The critical role requires extensive experience and understanding of support for children and adults with a disability, as well as mainstream children’s, youth and community programs. This is a diverse role requiring someone with the specific knowledge and well-developed people management skills to achieve positive results for all participants across these programs.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have tertiary qualifications (undergraduate and post-graduate) in one or more of social sciences, education, finance, general or business management.
- Minimum of 7 years in a relevant senior executive role
- Have demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of strategic directions and priorities
- Have proven experience in the leadership of services within the community/human services sector (disability, community, children, youth, health).
- Have proven ability to work closely with the various teams (Services, Shared Services and The Works Practice) to develop, maintain and implement systems, processes, policies and infrastructure that deliver the strategic objectives of The Junction Works.
- Take ownership and lead the growth of the existing and future requirements of services that respond to the diverse and changing needs of people with a disability and their families in the NDIS environment.
- Work with Government Departments that deliver high values services in accordance with contracted funding and individual funding packages.
- Work collaboratively with Shared Services and The Works Practice to ensure services are delivered efficiently and effectively and in accordance with the legislative requirements of funding bodies (NDIS, NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission, Dept. of Community and Justice, ACEQA etc.)
- Build the capability within your teams through coaching and supervision
- Be responsible for managing related business risks for the organisation.
- Have experience working closely with “for purpose” Boards and understand the governance and compliance requirements of not-for-profit organisations to support the Board, CEO and Executive Leadership Team in the execution of their responsibilities through the provision of relevant data, information and advice on key strategies, trends and issues to ensure a best practice approach across The Junction Works.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Services Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities