About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society. We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognized for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values-driven team environment and culture.
About the role
- Join a supportive, friendly, and values-driven team environment, with opportunities to progress.
- SCHCADS Award, Level 4 + Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Learning and development opportunities to grow your career.
Your new role:
Reporting to the Team Leader, Case Management, Child, and Youth Case Worker will specifically provide casework support to children and young people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. The role will work within the model of Youth Case Management and Child Safe Framework.
Role responsibilities include:
- Developing case plans that prioritise the safety and well-being of children and young people
- Complete mandatory reporting for children and young people assisted as required.
- Promote young people’s independence by supporting the development of relevant living skills and ability to engage in the community
- Facilitating groups that assist target groups to meet identified needs and goals.
- Advocating on behalf of young people where necessary
- Undertaking home visits with clients located in temporary or transitional accommodation, and families who are transitioning into permanent housing or private rental options
- Maintaining accurate client records and case notes.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum TAFE Certificate IV or currently undertaking tertiary study, in welfare or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of child and youth development & previous experience working with high risk children and young people.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Working knowledge of the child protection system and experience is mandatory reporting obligations
- Previous experience supporting children and young people at risk
- Demonstrated awareness of appropriate local community support services for homeless clients, including government agencies and NGOs, and the capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with such service providers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- NSW driver license
How to apply
If this sounds like you, 'apply now' by submitting your application with a resume & cover letter addressing the key requirements of the position description. We are keen to fill the role quickly and interviewing suitable applications as we receive them, don't wait to apply.
Information on how to apply.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.
Please quote in application: Child and Youth Case Worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Youth_and_Young_People