About the organisation
Neuroblastoma Australia’s mission is focussed on raising awareness and vital funding for neuroblastoma childhood cancer. Neuroblastoma is the leading cause of cancer death of children under 5. Currently treatments are extremely toxic, invasive and only effective in 50% of cases – survivors have lasting side effects from the treatments. In addition to raising funds, the charity provides support to families affected by this devastating disease through providing information on the disease, networking events (conference, zoom groups) and activity sets for children in hospital.
Neuroblastoma Australia is a small charity that was set up by families affected by neuroblastoma. It has evolved and grown over the last 10 years and is well positioned to grow further and make more of an impact. The charity has raised over $2.4 million to date for leading research projects.
About the role
This exciting new role is focused on providing support for our increasing number of community fundraisers throughout Australia and identifying new opportunities for community engagement. The role involves liaising with existing fundraisers as well as developing relations with new potential supporters. Supporters may include families directly affected by cancer and their networks or non-connected individuals and businesses. The role includes a strategic assessment of the best way to provide support and of possible opportunities. You will also be involved in supporting larger charity events (fun runs, golf days, gala dinners).
1) Build and maintain relationships with individuals and organisations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members of the community, external suppliers, sponsors, and volunteers to ensure the growth and sustainability of community engagement activities
- Proactively seek new community fundraising opportunities to engage supporters and develop revenue for the charity
2) Organise and facilitate community events
- Plan, develop and implement creative strategies to increase community fundraising engagement and generate income
- Manage the successful execution of local fundraising events, including supporting the charity’s main fundraising events (this may include managing registrations, event logistics, volunteers, sourcing prizes etc)
- Manage all aspects of community fundraising, including administration such as Fundraising Authorisations and Collateral
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and assess profitability of events and potential
- Ensure compliance to all fundraising legislation
- Represent the organisation at events and activities
- Maintain accurate contact records
3) Develop resources and content for community supporters
- Manage online presence and develop content for community fundraising on website and for social media
- Develop fundraising materials and review and improve customer experiences on charity websites and relevant on-line platforms.
4) Provide strategic in-put and support marketing
- Identify and develop new opportunities
- Provide content and ideas for marketing strategies
- Collaborate with marketing manager to develop clear communication and promotion strategy
- Contribute to overall strategic planning, including budgets and tracking expenditure and ROI.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Community engagement or fundraising role in the charity sector essential
- Proven ability to generate, retain, and grow income through developing successful long-term relationships
- Event organisational experience and experience in stakeholder management
- Extensive experience in prospecting including experience in cold & warm calls
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- General Marketing skills and ability to use social media
- Proficiency with donor/customer databases and websites for analysis and reporting
- Self-motivated person who takes pride in driving progress and completing tasks to a high standard, understands challenges and seeks solutions, puts forward a strong business case which recognises the needs of individuals/businesses and those of the charity
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Enagagement and Events Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Health_–_General, #ResearchMedical_Research