About the organisation
Teach For Australia (TFA) exists to address the educational inequality in Australia by ensuring education gives every child, regardless of background, greater choice for their future. For over a decade TFA has offered leading development programs to teachers, school leaders and mentors who can give their students the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue their potential.
The organisation rigorously recruits Australia's top talent into teaching, partners with schools serving low socio-economic communities, develops highly effective teachers and leaders to improve student and school outcomes. Many factors, including the Covid-19 pandemic, are leading to teacher shortages in Australia and around the globe, putting children at risk of educational inequality. TFA is incredibly well placed to play a critical role in responding, and the time is right now.
About the role
The Director Philanthropy & Partnerships is a new, executive-level role within Teach for Australia, being appointed at a very important time. Working closely with the CEO you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan to generate revenue from high-net-worth individuals and philanthropic foundations who believe in the power of education and the role of TFA. Importantly you will play a leadership role in inspiring an internal culture that understands and contributes to a philanthropic organisation-wide approach. The Director will lead a capable team and is responsible for the achievement of ambitious but achievable financial outcomes and targets.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Genuine commitment to improving educational excellence and equity in Australia.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant work experience, including a substantial track record in planning, implementing and leading a successful high net worth fundraising, business development, or sales program.
- Demonstrated success in all aspects of fundraising, with an emphasis on major and individual gifts, and a familiarity with foundation relations and corporate fundraising.
- Experience in collaborating with other functions such as Brand and Marketing, Programs, and/or Government Relations, to position an organisation for increased fundraising opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience at executive level and working with executive teams and boards to enrol their participation in driving culture change.
How to apply
People for Purpose are partnering with Teach for Australia to lead the search for this role.
We invite you to read the position description located on the People for Purpose Website under Executive Search at www.peopleforpurpose.com.au and review Teach for Australia’s website at www.teachforaustralia.org, with particular attention to Teach For Australia’s core values at www.teachforaustralia.org/about-us/mission-and-values
Once you have absorbed this information and done your own research, if you have specific questions, please call us on 0468 625 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, as well as your CV, you must submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in representing Teach for Australia and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday, 9 January 2022.
Please quote in application: Director of Philanthropy and Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.