About the organisation
About the role
TaylorCare Recruitment is proud to partner with a NFP to recruit for an experienced Counsellor or Registered Psychologist.
As a psychologist you will be based in Blacktown, you will be responsible for delivering specialised counselling and support to individuals and children who have experienced domestic and family violence.
This includes work within a crisis refuge and outreach for women and children escaping domestic violence and suffering mental health issues due to COVID isolation.
Benefits & Culture:
- Flexible work arrangements – full-time or part-time options
- Competitive remuneration based on qualifications and experience.
- Work alongside a team of Social Workers & Clinicians
- Become a valued member of the team making a difference within Domestic Violence
- Incredible support from the Management Team with long-term progression opportunities available
To be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA, and a minimum 3 years experience OR Degree Qualified Counsellor or registration with PACFA or equivalent
- Post graduate degree, or equivalent education, training and experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience in psychological assessment (clinical, actuarial and psychometric).
- Demonstrated experience, and theoretical knowledge of, domestic and family violence counselling in a variety of settings, for example individuals, children, young people, families and groups
- Demonstrated experience in working with families that identify as Aboriginal.
- High level written and verbal communication skills, including experience in the provision of assessment reports.
- High level of personal integrity and ethical practice.
- Capacity to engage constructively and respectfully with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Current Driver’s License is a requirement. A successful Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check is required to be employed with DVSM.
- People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
The NFP provides refuge accommodation for women with children escaping Domestic and Family Violence. Additionally, the service provides outreach support in the community to people who are escaping or experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and those who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless.
Competitive salary package $80,0000 – $100,000 + super + salary packaging contract until June 30th, 2022
Why work with TaylorCare Recruitment to secure your next role?
We are passionate about giving back and support charities through our business we support RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. We have won multiple awards for Corporate Social Responsibility in 2018 & 2019.
As we place you into a job, we in turn can donate more to the charities we support.
We are a multi-award-winning agency and recently won the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020. Finalist for Recruitment brand of the year 2021.
This position is not to be missed, apply NOW or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 99810498 for more info.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Domestic Violence- Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health