About the organisation
We are creating a world where people live in harmony with nature. Join us. Because together, anything is possible.
WWF's global vision is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Australia is part of the WWF International Network, the world's leading, independent conservation organisation.
We are active in over 100 countries and have close to 5 million supporters internationally. In Australia and throughout the oceanic region, we work with governments, businesses and communities so that people and nature can thrive within their fair share of the planet's natural resources.
WWF's mission is to halt the decline of threatened plants and animals and to support their recovery. We do this by addressing the threats that affect them using the best available science while working in partnership with communities, Indigenous groups, governmen t and business. The world is changing fast. Our wildlife and wild places face unprecedented challenges. The result is people yearn more for nature and are connected with each other like never before. We know that we can achieve more by partnering, sharing, empowering communities, forming alliances and building a movement for the environment. Working together is the answer. It is our goal to bring about this unified voice for nature.
About the role
- Join one of the world’s largest and most respected conservation organisations
- 5 Star Green Office in Ultimo
- WWF-Australia Office location negotiable
About the role
As part of the Earth Hour 2022 campaign, the Campaign Assistant will assist the manager in project team administration, media activities, event logistics, stakeholder engagement, volunteer coordination, and/or community outreach and organisation to help build a movement of supporters taking action for climate change, in the lead up to and on the night of March 26th, 2022.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Confidence in email and phone outreach to stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of advocacy, social marketing and awareness building campaigns
- Demonstrated project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively within a team to produce results within short deadlines
- Creative, positive and solutions focused working style
- Self-driven and motivated worker
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail
- A passion for environmental conservation and climate change
- Intermediate computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Apps, databases.
Ideally, you will be currently studying or completed a tertiary degree in Marketing/Communications, and have a keen interest in NFP organisations. The ideal candidate will have an ability to work both autonomously and constructively within a team and be aligned with WWF’s vision, mission and I-CCare Values.
WWF values diversity and is building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, ***, sexuality and gender diverse (LGBTQIA+) community members, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Earth Hour Campaign Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Conservation_and_Environment