About the organisation
CatholicCare Victoria is a leading and influential provider of charitable and social services in Victoria. The Mission of CatholicCare Victoria is to build communities that recognise and nurture the dignity of each person. Our employees share our Mission for a stronger, more inclusive society through supporting individuals, families and communities in times of need, especially those who are most disadvantaged, vulnerable and/or marginalised.
We deliver excellence in a broad range of child, family and youth services, family relationship services, school counselling and pastoral care services, social housing, employment and advocacy services across various office locations and delivery sites in Victoria.
We draw on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct our endeavours. We value and respect human dignity, and embrace diversity in an inclusive work environment.
At CatholicCare Victoria we offer:
- A family friendly working environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Salary packaging for eligible staff.
We embrace, value and respect an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated.
We are committed to the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
Education and Vocation Specialist (Wimmera and Central Highlands)
These roles are available in both Horsham and Ballarat
- 30 hours per fortnight, continuing position, Horsham
- 15 hours per fortnight, continuing position, Ballarat
- A combined role of 45 hours per fortnight across both locations will be considered
CatholicCare Victoria’s Therapeutic Residential Care program provides care and support to young people aged 12 to 18 years, who are referred through the Child Protection system.
The Education and Vocation Specialist works as part of a core team providing quality care for young people using trauma informed, child centred, family focused therapeutic interventions. Young people residing in the care home have often experienced complex trauma, which can impact on their ability to engage in education, training and employment opportunities.
The Education and Vocation Specialist, in collaboration with the young person and their care team will provide tailored support to each young person based on thorough assessment of the young person’s needs, aspirations and wishes in relation to education, training and employment.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- Working with the broader educational and vocational service system to support the child or young person.
- Working with the child or young person to improve engagement and attendance at school or vocational opportunities to improve educational outcomes.
- Working with the young person to identify vocational pathways.
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- Degree qualification in education, training or teaching is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop education/vocational/employment needs assessment and response planning for young people is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and with the capacity to negotiate and liaise with the education, vocational and training organisation to advocate for improved client outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of complex trauma.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Education and Vocation Specialist, Residential Care via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Education_and_Training