About the organisation
The Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre (WAGEC) is a non-government, not-for profit and charitable organisation that delivers a range of crisis and early intervention accommodation and support services to women, children, young people, and families who are experiencing, or at risk of homelessness and/or domestic and family violence.
For over 40 years we have been doing this work across the lands of the Gadigal and Wangal people of the Eora Nation (Sydney’s inner city and inner west regions), and working in partnership with community, business and government stakeholders.
In recent years we have broadened our work to include primary prevention activities and strengthened our engagement with our supporter communities.
About the role
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for providing a positive and inspiring experience to supporters engaging with WAGEC and maintaining relationships with WAGEC’s mid-tier donors. The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Relationship management: maintain relationships of mutual benefit (25%)
- Assess and respond appropriately to new donor and supporter enquiries via email, social media, and phone.
- Liaise with donors and supporters in a consistent, warm and timely manner.
- Create and maintain relationships of mutual benefit with WAGEC’s mid-tier donor community, including workplaces, local businesses, regular givers, trusts and foundations.
- Occasionally adapt templates and contribute to copy writing that communicates WAGEC’s stories and needs respectfully to members of the WAGEC Community.
- Occasionally monitor and administer posts on WAGEC’s social media platforms.
- Community fundraising: support the WAGEC Community to fundraise and give with integrity (25%)
- Provide structure and support to community, workplace groups and individuals who are fundraising and/or organising material donations drives for WAGEC.
- Champion groups and individuals participating in WAGEC’s signature fundraising events.
- Represent WAGEC at a range of fundraising events.
- Create written and video content that supports the community to initiate and deliver fundraising activities consistent with WAGEC’s values.
- Actively contribute to WAGEC’s Fundraising and Communities Strategy (20%)
- Support volunteers to work effectively and safely within defined parameters.
- Assist with fundraising, volunteer, events and advocacy campaign activities.
- Assist other WAGEC staff to understand and engage with the work of the Fundraising and Communities team.
- Administration: complete fundraising and communities administration tasks in a timely and thorough manner. (20%)
- Complete administration tasks required for effective relationship management and delivery of Fundraising & Communities activities.
- Participate in team and organisational meetings.
- Maintain accurate records and reports for all activities.
- Submit timesheets and leave requests on time.
- Apply WAGEC’s procedures to daily work.
- Actively contribute to WAGEC’s organisational culture. (10%)
- Work in a manner consistent with WAGEC’s vision, values, and strategy.
- Apply WAGEC’s Ethical Stance to ethical dilemmas, managing your professional and personal obligations at work.
- Contribute to WAGEC’s overall social impact.
- Contribute to WAGEC’s overall social impact by delivering on role expectations, from time to time performing other duties as requested by the Director Fundraising & Communities and being a proactive team member.
How to apply
- Read the position description available and check out our range of work at wagec.org.au
- If you have any questions, please call/email us before making an application
- Send us your application which should contain:
- Your 2-3-page CV, and
- A 2-page cover letter telling us why you think you are the best person to fill this role and what characteristics you will bring to the WAGEC team.
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
- We will be reviewing applications and interviewing on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
WAGEC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse staff team.
If you think you have what it takes to do this role, but you don’t meet our selection criteria, please get in touch anyway to discuss your situation. We recognise that sometimes the right person for a job is based in personal qualities and not just qualifications.
For further information:
Meredith Turnbull, WAGEC Recruitment Consultant
Phone: 0437 880 010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People