About the organisation
SharingStories Foundation works with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to protect,
maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage. Engaged as a culturally safe partner, we deliver community driven digital arts programs and education initiatives that build capacity for cultural continuity, production and distribution of rich outcomes.
Our creative practice engages elder and child, traditional and modern, oral and digital storytelling, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous. We listen and work over the long-term to build relationships and a clear understanding of local protocols, sharing expertise to ensure Community Impact Goals are achieved. We work with a Both Ways approach across all aspects of our programming. Over the past 10 years SharingStories has continued to grow and we are very excited to be looking for another Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander executive to join our team.
In 2022 we will continue to run programs with our partner communities as well as celebrate the release
of several exciting outcomes that have been in production for over a decade. The Jajoo Warngarra – The
Culture Classroom, sharing authentic community produced content with educators across Australia will
be launched mid 2022 and the Mungo Stories -Walk Together App, will be available in March. Both are
innovative culturally rich new platforms, that return revenue to partner communities.
As we look to scale our work for reach and impact, Strategy and Partnerships Development is an incredibly important role. If this is your skill set and you’re keen to work with a team of like minded people, passionate about building capacity for cultural continuity, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
The Head of Strategy and Partnerships will work closely with the SharingStories team, particularly the
Executive Team, taking a lead role in advocating for the importance of the work. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and implementing a Fundraising, Partnership and Business Strategy, exploring new opportunities to help us achieve organisational growth and generate revenue for partner communities as aligned with our strategic goals. Strategy development, grant writing, reporting and advocacy are important aspects of this position.
Candidates must address the following selection criteria by demonstrating their experience as they relate to the above role responsibilities:
• Must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent*
• Passionate about and committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural and linguistic continuity
• Excited about leadership
• Ideally 5+ years relevant experience
• Ability to exercise chief executive level leadership, processing information and making decisions that will impact the organisation
• Ability to design, plan, implement and track a range of initiatives
• Digital system confidence, ability to use online project management systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, partners and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community partners
• Experience in developing and managing fundraising strategies
• Ability to travel between 4-6 weeks per annum to meetings with partners and team as well as community across Australia.
• Ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and understand sensitivities regarding cultures/protocols
• Ability to take initiative and work independently from a home office or with a team as required.
*This organisation considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Partnerships and Strategy via Pro Bono Australia.