About the organisation
Take the next step in your career with CatholicCare Victoria.
About CatholicCare Victoria
CatholicCare Victoria is a leading and influential provider of charitable and social services in Victoria. The Mission of CatholicCare Victoria is to build communities that recognise and nurture the dignity of each person. Our employees share our Mission for a stronger, more inclusive society through supporting individuals, families and communities in times of need, especially those who are most disadvantaged, vulnerable, marginalized and/or at risk.
CatholicCare Victoria delivers excellence in a broad range of child, family and youth services, family relationship services, school counselling and pastoral care services, social housing, employment and advocacy services across various office locations and delivery sites in Victoria.
CatholicCare Victoria draws on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct our endeavours. We value and respect human dignity, and embrace diversity in an inclusive work environment.
Working with CatholicCare Victoria
At CatholicCare Victoria we offer:
- A family friendly working environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Salary packaging for eligible staff.
We embrace, value and respect an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated.
We are committed to the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
House Worker, Residential Care
- 52.5 hours per fortnight minimum, continuing position
House Workers work as part of a core care team providing full-time quality care for the young people, using trauma informed, child centred, family focused therapeutic interventions. In collaboration with the Senior House Workers; Team Leader, Residential Care; Therapeutic Practitioner and Education/Vocation Specialist, House Workers establish a homelike, therapeutic, caring and nurturing environment to assist young people to develop a sense of safety, stability, security and trust.
House Workers work closely with the Senior House Worker and Therapeutic Practitioner to develop respectful and responsive levels of communication with other House Workers and professionals in a Care Team approach, and participate in relevant case conferencing as indicated to assess and develop goals in the young person’s best interests.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with the Care Team to facilitate and strengthen the young person’s sense of identity and contribute to enhancing family relationships and/or reunification and facilitate the young person’s access with natural and extended family members.
- Ensuring that the young people’s rights and interests are protected at all times and act as an effective role models.
- Support the young people to maintain important links with their family of origin, friendship networks and the local community.
- Participate in rosters that will provide 24-hour cover, 7 days per week, including weekend and sleep over shifts, plus overnight on-call and call-out support.
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- Degree; Associate Diploma with relevant experience; or relevant certificate with relevant experience in Community Services or related discipline including welfare, counselling, youth work, alcohol/other drugs or social work.
- Have, or willing to work toward, the mandatory modules of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of child/adolescent development and the impact of trauma together with a demonstrated capacity to implement and reflect upon therapeutic caring approaches.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: House Worker, Residential Care via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services