About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
About the role
- Strategic Role – Implementation of New & Innovative Projects
- Opportunity to Make a Difference in a Purpose-Led Organisation
- Hybrid Way of Working – Work/Life Flexibility Options
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging Tax-Free Benefits!
Your new role:
Rare opportunity to join our thriving organisation in a key role as Innovation and Business Development Manager. Reporting to the Director Commercial Enterprise, you will ensure the successful implementation of innovative projects in commercial services that diversify revenue generation and promote environmental sustainability.
Your responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Ensuring successful implementation of the Strategic Plan within the team
- Research and respond to need of new markets, including the identification and monitoring of competitors.
- Work in collaboration with external and internal stakeholders to scope potential new areas of growth.
- In consultation with the senior leadership team, drive and develop a culture of social entrepreneurism and commercial innovation which diversifies revenue generation to support mission
- Develop necessary operational structures and systems to support the launch of new social enterprises.
To be successful, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s and/or experience in business development, commercial enterprise management or equivalent/associated discipline related to the role
- Demonstrated experience in commercial and social enterprise service design
- Strong commercial acumen demonstrated through innovation and enterprises – the ability to identify and act on market opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in project and operational leadership to oversee effective implementation of initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and cross-collaboration skills a must.
- High level understanding of current issues facing the social enterprise sector and NFP industry.
- State travel required – current NSW driver’s licence.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please ''apply now'' by submitting your application with a resume that addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrou nds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.
Please quote in application: Innovation and Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.