About the organisation
We are innovative, growing and committed to making a difference.
INA is a DFAT fully-accredited international development organisation working with the poorest and most marginalised communities, especially women and children, to eliminate poverty and its causes, regardless of affiliation.
We are almost 50 years old and are 1 of only 41 fully Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)-accredited Australian NGOs working in international development. This accreditation means that we meet the highest program standards. Australia has 56,000 registered charities growing at 4% per annum.*
We support impact through innovative partnerships and conduct national education programs with Australian students. INA is grounded in Christian values and strives for a just world where all people are treated equally to reach their God-given potential.
INA is different because we:
- Focus on women and children in three key areas: Education, Health and Livelihoods,
- Work in Southeast Asia, South Asia & Eastern Africa (currently Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Philippines),
- Commit to in-country projects and partners and work through local staff and volunteers. We believe this is respectful and supports the development of more substantial and sustainable partner organisations and community outcomes,
- Believe in poverty alleviation through cross-cutting approaches to community development. This approach lets us partner with donors and other agencies committed to holistic poverty alleviation, focusing on community-prioritised needs.
- Our work is grounded in Christian values as we strive for a just world where all people are treated equally to reach their God-given potential,
- Conduct national education programs with Australian students that align with the Australian Curriculum to help youth clarify their personal purposes and increase empathy and understanding of global poverty and the Sustainable Development Goals,
- Bring our funding contributors and in-country partners closer together to easily co-design projects with all stakeholders to support innovation and alignment of programs, and,
- Is efficient and currently allocates over 83% of funds to overseas projects or community education programs.
About the role
You naturally form and nurture relationships through supporting and empowering your team, while also developing meaningful relationships with donors, partner organisations and volunteers. You are driven and proactive partnerships developer who can raise major gifts and develop partnerships that support our work. You deliver outstanding results and will have a track record of inspiring support for a similar cause.
The position will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships with major donors and to ensure a solid donor pipeline is built and maintained. The role will focus on developing and growing lifetime relationships with committed and passionate donors to ensure income targets are achieved, as well as repeat and increased levels of future giving.
You will have:
- Experience at a senior experience in corporate, major donor or NFP fundraising, with demonstrated success in engaging with partners such as any of corporates, service clubs, churches, major donors and to support this work.
- Capacity to drive donor acquisition that leads to awareness-raising and fundraising by developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of generating significant gifts from high net-worth individuals, and partner organisations.
- A strong understanding of partnership principles and an ability to develop donor journey and grow partnerships.
- Exemplary communication skills, including persuasive negotiating and public speaking abilities.
- A strong commitment and alignment with INA’s mission, vision and values and philosophy statement.
INA recognises and rewards our staff and can offer a number of attractive benefits; NGO salary packaging, flexible working conditions, professional development opportunities and free parking.
Job share arrangements are negotiable with suitable candidates.
A full Position Description can be obtained by visiting https://www.ina.org.au/opportunities/careers/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partners and Major Donors Lead (1.0) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Humanitarian, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development