About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Partnerships and Philanthropy Unit is responsible for developing and implementing an effective relationship management approach with high value supporters to deliver significant and sustainable income to support the work of Cancer Council Victoria – working with major donors, charitable foundations, corporate partners and Gifts in Wills supporters.
About the role
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Flexible and supportive environment
- Development and career progression opportunities
- Full time position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Philanthropy Engagement Coordinator to join the Fundraising and Communications Division to deliver exceptional service to our major donors and philanthropic supporters. Reporting to the Philanthropy Engagement Manager, your role is to:
- Execute strategies to ensure sustainable, long term donor relationships
- Deliver outstanding administrative support to the Philanthropy and Partnerships Unit
- Acknowledge and thank major donors in a personalised and meaningful way
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure all collateral, communications and functions are executed at a high level. This critical role is the heart of the team and engages with multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
It’s an exciting time of growth for the Philanthropy and Partnerships Unit with a well-established campaign and long-term supporters as we seek to accelerate our program.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience in a people focused role in either non-profit or commercial environment
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and an ability to thrive in a busy environment
- Demonstrated high-level stakeholder relationship skills – the ability to engage and make a connection quickly, but with a very genuine interest in people
- A keen interest and passion in donor engagement and management
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A base salary within range $63,977 – $70,805 pa plus superannuation and not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Engagement Coordinator – FCD.22 via Pro Bono Australia.