About the organisation
End Street Sleeping Collaboration is a collective impact initiative whose goal is to halve rough sleeping across NSW by 2025 and work toward ending it by 2030. We are a collaboration between governments, non-government organisations, philanthropists, business, and the community who are committed to our vision that no person should sleep on the streets in NSW. As a not-for-profit organisation, we lead the collaborative effort and guide the collective impact of our partners. Together, street sleeping is solvable.
About the role
End Street Sleeping Collaboration
Working closely with the Chief Executive Office, Collaboration Philanthropy Lead and the End Street Sleeping Collaboration (ESSC) team, the Philanthropy Manager will be an essential member of a small, dedicated team in an evolving organisation that is committed to the vision of ending street sleeping across NSW.
The Philanthropy Manager will be working across the collaboration and is responsible for supporting the development of the philanthropy, trusts and foundations and grants income streams for the End Street Sleeping Collaboration.
The role is a seven-month contract with expectation that it would continue into the new financial year.
Street homelessness is solvable
End Street Sleeping Collaboration has a unique proposition: street sleeping is now solvable in NSW.
The Collaboration is a NFP formed to deliver upon the ‘Joint Commitment to end street sleeping in NSW’ signed by the Premier of NSW, the Chairman of the Institute of Global Homelessness, the City of Sydney and CEOs of NSW’s largest homelessness NGOs and peak bodies.
The Board of ESSC is comprised of representatives from these organisations. Notably, NSW’s largest homelessness charities have CEOs or senior executives on the board of ESSC: Vinnies, St Vincent’s Hospital, Salvos, Wesley Mission, Mission Australia, CatholicCare.
The Collaboration uses a methodology developed by the Institute of Global Homelessness and proven in jurisdictions in the UK and USA. The audacious challenge in NSW is to take the city-by-city methodology and scale it up as NSW is the world’s first Vanguard State.
For more information refer to: endstreetsleeping.org and ighomelessness.org
Establish professional fundraising systems in our NFP entity:
- Establish a checklist of fundraising policies and procedures and supervising their creation
- Work with colleagues to ensure ESSC is enrolled in appropriate fundraising accreditations and lead generation services
- Establishment and active management of CRM database
- Work with colleagues to develop a strategic grants list and identify grant targets
- Receiving and receipting of donations
Work with the Philanthropy lead and collaboration partners to:
- Develop cases for support
- organise several donor engagement events
- create necessary collaterals/videos
- lead events and marketing personnel to stage the event/s
Provide Secretariat support to:
- The Cornerstone Investors Group
- Philanthropy Project Development Group
Work with the Marketing lead and collaboration partners to:
- Implement an annual communications program
- Create and distribute content to collaboration partners
- Oversee support from CatholicCare marketing support
- Provide Secretariat support to the Marketing Project Development Group
Qualifications and Experience
- Project management experience in a multi-discipline / multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in fundraising and marketing for NGO or another Charity environment
- Marketing production, social media and events management experience
- Experience in systems of oversight for the receipting of donors.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to communicate complex
- information, in a simple yet compelling way.
- Demonstrated success in collaboration and building strong, respectful and robust relationships with donors and our collaborator’s fundraising teams.
- Experience in designing and maintaining an accurate donor database (ESSC uses Microsoft Dynamics).
- Sound judgement and proven ability to exercise autonomy as appropriate.
Other experience/qualifications that are valued, but not essential are:
- Experience in homelessness or human services NGO, particularly in NSW and Sydney.
- Business, human services, marketing or fundraising tertiary qualifications.
More Information about the position
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: End Street Sleeping Collaboration is a NFP venture and therefore, a lean team. This role will report remotely to the Collaboration Philanthropy Lead based at CatholicCare Sydney in Lewisham. The role is supported by marketing and events personnel. The role will work directly with the CEO, Business Operations Manager and relevant Board Sub Committees.
LOCATION: Sydney CBD / Ability to work remotely from home and/or and to travel to face to face meetings in the city.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Across Sydney as required.
SALARY AND TERMS: End Street Sleeping Collaboration is a not-for-profit organisation that offers PBI Salary Packaging.
The role is currently specified as 0.6/0.8 FTE but we are open to either a full-time position or other flexible terms for the right candidate.
The initial period of appointment would be a seven-month contact: December 2021 to June 2022, with a view to evolving into a permanent position.
For further information on End Street Sleeping Collaboration visit our website: Endstreetsleeping.org and download FY2020 Annual Report.
How to apply
Please apply online through Pro Bono Australia, or send your CV and a covering letter, directly addressing how your experience makes you a suitable candidate for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.