About the organisation
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries. The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
About the role
About the Victorian Refugee Health Network
The Victorian Refugee Health Network (Network) works to develop responsive health service systems that meet the needs of people from refugee backgrounds, including asylum seekers (http://refugeehealthnetwork.org.au/). The Network is auspiced by the Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc (VFST). (http://www.foundationhouse.org.au/)
The Network provides support to the health, settlement and community sector by convening working groups, developing resources, hosting forums, completing reviews of available literature, providing specialist advice, time-limited projects and participating in practice-related research projects. The Network regularly contributes to or participates in advisory groups, research, training delivery, submissions and other relevant networks.
The Program Coordinator, Victorian Refugee Health Network is responsible for supporting the strategic development and operational management of this dynamic network, working collaboratively with a diverse range of sector stakeholders and a small team.
- You have leadership abilities with successful experience in managing staff and change processes
- You have highly developed skills in project design, management and implementation; social research and policy analysis; monitoring and evaluation
- You are experienced in relationship management, including the ability to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders
- You have a working knowledge of the Victorian health system and services and the issues facing people from refugee backgrounds in accessing services
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 of $108,799 gross salary per annum (pro rata), plus 17.5% leave loading and 10% superannuation. Additional benefits include salary packaging up to $18,550, a range of flexible working options, a highly supportive team environment, excellent training and development opportunities, and onsite parking.
Conditional employment requirements
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- COVID-19 vaccination*
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia.
* In accordance with the recent Directions from Chief Health Officer in accordance with emergency powers arising from declared state of emergency, COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (No 7), Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic), Foundation House must comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID 19 vaccinations for authorised workers. If you are to be successful in gaining employment with Foundation House, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID 19 vaccination for work at our sites.
Foundation House is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children and actively plays a part in combating family violence; this is reflected in our organisational policies, protocols and staff development.
Foundation House is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Applications close for this position close 5:00 PM Friday 21 January 2022
Applicants must submit their resume and address the key selection criteria (KSC) contained in the Position Description. Please ensure you submit your KSC as part of your cover letter as you can only upload 2 documents.
For any questions regarding this position please email email@example.com
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator, Victorian Refugee Health Network via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Health_–_General, #Mental_Health, #Other, #Youth_and_Young_People