About the organisation
We are innovative, growing and committed to making a difference.
INA is a DFAT fully-accredited international development organisation working with the poorest and most marginalised communities, especially women and children, to eliminate poverty and its causes, regardless of affiliation.
We are almost 50 years old and are 1 of only 41 fully Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)-accredited Australian NGOs working in international development. This accreditation means that we meet the highest program standards.
We support impact through innovative partnerships and conduct national education programs with Australian students. INA is grounded in Christian values and strives for a just world where all people are treated equally to reach their God-given potential.
INA is different because we:
- Focus on women and children in three key areas: Education, Health and Livelihoods,
- Work in Southeast Asia, South Asia & Eastern Africa (currently Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Philippines),
- Commit to in-country projects and partners and work through local staff and volunteers. We believe this is respectful and supports the development of more substantial and sustainable partner organisations and community outcomes,
- Believe in poverty alleviation through cross-cutting approaches to community development. This approach lets us partner with donors and other agencies committed to holistic poverty alleviation, focusing on community-prioritised needs.
- Our work is grounded in Christian values as we strive for a just world where all people are treated equally to reach their God-given potential,
- Conduct national education programs with Australian students that align with the Australian Curriculum to help youth clarify their personal purposes and increase empathy and understanding of global poverty and the Sustainable Development Goals,
- Bring our funding contributors and in-country partners closer together to easily co-design projects with all stakeholders to support innovation and alignment of programs, and,
- Is efficient and currently allocates over 83% of funds to overseas projects or community education programs.
About the role
You have experience in managing international development programs – ideally but not necessarily in INA’s regions of interest and with knowledge of ACFID’s quality standards and ANCP requirements. You have experience in assisting with the design and implement a program strategy that strengthens the development practice of field partners in achieving INA’s mission. You can support partners with design, monitoring and evaluation of projects to ensure quality and effectiveness and provide strong accountability. A commitment to supporting partners with organisational capacity strengthening as relevant to their needs is a plus.
You will have:
- Experience in international development program leadership and management, ideally but not necessarily in INA’s regions of interest and with knowledge of ANCP frameworks.
- Experience working in a compliance management role in the international development sector and/or relatable compliance coordination experience
- Knowledge of ACFID’s and DFAT’s Quality Standards and Compliance requirements a plus
- Managing and collaborating with complex cross-cultural teams across sites to achieve program outcomes is something that comes naturally.
- Exemplary communication skills, including persuasive negotiating and public speaking abilities.
- A strong commitment and alignment with INA’s mission, vision and values and philosophy statement.
INA recognises and rewards our staff and can offer a number of attractive benefits; NGO salary packaging, flexible working conditions, professional development opportunities and free parking. Job share arrangements are negotiable with suitable candidates. A full Position Description can be obtained by visiting https://www.ina.org.au/opportunities/careers/
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, please email a resume and a letter of application addressing the role’s key tasks and priorities to: email@example.com
Inquiries: David Ensor, Chief Executive Officer – (03) 9877-7177 / firstname.lastname@example.org
A full Position Description can be obtained by visiting https://www.ina.org.au/opportunities/careers/
Friday, 28 January 2022
INA is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from Australian Residents with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with a disability.
INA is committed to all children’s safety and best interest accessing International Needs-supported services and programs and workplace.
Relevant background checks including Working With Children, police and reference checks will be completed before the preferred candidate’s employment is confirmed.
Please quote in application: Programs and Compliance Officer (International Development) (1.0) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Humanitarian, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development