About the organisation
CatholicCare Victoria is excited to be implementing the new Therapeutic Residential Care Model in the Wimmera. This role provides an excellent opportunity to shape therapeutic responses to young people within this trauma informed model of care, working therapeutically with 4 young people across two care homes.
Take the next step in your career with CatholicCare Victoria.
CatholicCare Victoria is a leading and influential provider of charitable and social services in Victoria. The Mission of CatholicCare Victoria is to build communities that recognise and nurture the dignity of each person. Our employees share our Mission for a stronger, more inclusive society through supporting individuals, families and communities in times of need, especially those who are most disadvantaged, vulnerable and/or marginalised.
We deliver excellence in a broad range of child, family and youth services, family relationship services, school counselling and pastoral care services, social housing, employment and advocacy services across various office locations and delivery sites in Victoria.
We draw on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct our endeavours. We value and respect human dignity and embrace diversity in an inclusive work environment.
Working with CatholicCare Victoria
At CatholicCare Victoria we offer:
- A family friendly working environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Salary packaging for eligible staff.
We embrace, value and respect an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated.
We are committed to the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
Therapeutic Practitioner, Residential Care
- Minimum 60 hours per fortnight, continuing position
CatholicCare Victoria’s Therapeutic Residential Care program provides care and support to young people aged 12 to 18 years, who are referred through the Child Protection system.
The Therapeutic Practitioner role provides an enhanced response to delivering residential care that is designed to create trusting, nurturing relationships with a small network of House Workers. House Workers, with the guidance, education and support of the Therapeutic Practitioner, support young people to recover from adverse experiences of abuse, neglect and trauma.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- Developing strategies in collaboration with Senior House Workers to ensure young people are responded to therapeutically within the care environment.
- Providing direct therapeutic support that is culturally safe and appropriate to young people in the care home.
- Undertake assessments using prescribed frameworks and tools.
- Use assessment results and staff observations and reflections to collate and analyse outcomes measures relating to young people.
- From time to time there will be the requirement to work outside of regular office hours (within CatholicCare Victoria approved span of hours). This may be to participate in a House meeting, dinner at the care home with young people and see a young person late in the day.
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- Associate Diploma or relevant Certificate with substantial experience in Psychology, Social Work or Degree qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Experience working with the out of home care and child protection systems highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of the impact of complex trauma and abuse on a child or young person’s wellbeing and development.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake trauma-informed assessment and planning for young people and their families.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Practitioner, Residential Care via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services