About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Maximum Term (until February 2023 – parental leave contract)
- Award winning program
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong and competent AOD Counsellor to join our team to provide effective delivery of evidenced based individual and group therapeutic interventions to consumers in our award winning program.
This is an essential role within the program and will support consumers by providing behaviour changing interventions to assist individuals to reduce and/or cease harmful alcohol and other drug use and offending behaviour, avoid and better manage relapse, and to establish healthier lifestyles and to build coping strategies for managing challenges.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant health and or welfare Tertiary Qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment
- Experience working with AOD or dual diagnosis clients
- Demonstrated experience providing drug and alcohol assessment and counselling activities
- Demonstrated Knowledge and some experience with case formulation, development of Individual Treatment Plans and discharge planning
- Demonstrated Knowledge and some experience in the application of Motivational
Enhancement and Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 16 February 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Laura Whyte – Team Leader on 0447 696 133 or via email – Laura.Whyte@vt.uniting.org
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: AOD Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People