About the organisation
About the role
❖ Purpose-driven community health service
Inspiro is a well-established profit-for-purpose organisation delivering a variety of programs and support to the communities of the Yarra Ranges.
A process of ongoing Board renewal has created an opportunity for you to become a Director of Inspiro and to contribute to its governance and in turn to its continued sustainability.
You are experienced in finance, risk, compliance and/or legal matters, and attracted by the concept of enhancing your boardroom expertise, through supported training, and practical involvement. A background in community engagement and partnership development would be highly valued.
Non- Executive Director – Ranges Community Health, trading as Inspiro
- Actively engage in Board and Sub-Committee meetings, based on thorough scrutiny of Board papers and other relevant documentation.
- Participate in discussions with the Chair and other Directors, both at the Board/ Committee table, and in other settings as appropriate.
- Where necessary, interact with third parties, including current and potential funders and supporters.
- Help to ensure probity in all aspects of interactions among Directors, and in discussions between the Chair, Directors and the CEO.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of the landscape for the programs and services of Inspiro, to enable the investigation of opportunities to ensure future relevance and viability.
- Contribute actively to externally-facilitated strategic planning sessions, the AGM and any EGMs, as appropriate.
- Consistently monitor issues which require the attention of the Board, ensuring that a clear delineation between governance and operational matters is maintained at all times.
- Participate in performance reviews of Directors, as requested on an ongoing basis.
Key Selection Criteria
- Governance training through AICD, GIA or Women on Boards is desirable.
- Familiarity with relevant legislation.
- A background in community engagement, and partnership development.
- Operational experience in health and/or human services may be useful.
- Functional experience in finance/risk/legal matters is preferred.
- The absence of actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- The capacity to devote the necessary time and effort.
How to apply
Please quote in application: (AS807) Inspiro Community Health Service - Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.