About the organisation
Women with Disabilities Victoria is a vibrant organisation of women with disabilities working for women with disabilities in Victoria.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic Hub Liaison Officer for Loddon Central Region to join our friendly team.
This position is from the date of appointment to Friday 24 February 2023 and may be extended subject to funding.
Hours are 0.4 FTE (30.40) hours per fortnight part-time to be worked over Monday to Friday.
Salary Range between $64,299 – $66,156 pro-rata, plus Superannuation. Salary Packaging available.
As part of Employment:
- A police check will be required to undertake the duties in this position.
- All WDV employees are required to be fully vaccinated or provide proof of a certified medical exemption.
We have a disability friendly work environment. We particularly encourage applications from women with disabilities, including those from diverse backgrounds, such as LGBTIQ+, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, CALD, migrant, and refugee backgrounds.
The Position Description can be downloaded from: http://www.wdv.org.au/get-involved/current-vacancies/
The role of Hub Liaison Officer will:
- Support and facilitate the local leadership hub and grow its membership.
- Support and coordinate the activities of the local leadership hub; and
- Liaise with WDV on important issues raised by women with disabilities relating to community and systemic advocacy. This role will suit a woman who identifies as having a disability, with some experience of supporting other women with disabilities in her local community.
As the Hub Liaison Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating a welcoming and safe space for local women with disabilities interested in:
- Being a part of a local network of women with disabilities and building upon their leadership skills
- Sharing information with other women about their rights
- Gaining and sharing skills around promoting and facilitating individual empowerment and identifying other opportunities to advocate for improved access and community inclusion for women with disabilities throughout the local community
- Building Hub and WDV membership, including submitting WDV membership applications to the Local Leadership Hub Coordinator in a timely manner
- Supporting members to be actively involved in the Hub activities and group facilitation
- Organizing events and administration of the Hub activities, for example distributing agendas and minutes of meetings
- Maintaining accurate records and submitting timely reports of Hub activities
- Participating in WDV communications and events to promote the activities, achievements and benefits of the Hubs
- Other duties and responsibilities as agreed
Please refer to the Position Description for further details of the position
Initial enquiries can be made by phoning Phillipa Wray on 9286 7800.
Applications close: Friday 21 January 2022 at 5.00pm
Applications marked confidential are to be email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only applications which address the Key Selection Criteria will be considered.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Bendigo – Loddon Central Victoria – Hub Liaison Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Disabilities, #Women