About the organisation
Open House CIC has been providing positive and creative activities for young people and adults in the northeast suburbs of Melbourne since 1971. Our provision of a ‘Place to Belong’ is an expression of God’s love in a world where many feel lonely, unloved and unworthy. Our vision is to tackle social isolation head-on through creative programs and activities for all ages, giving people a place to belong and offering unconditional friendship.
About the role
Our Board members are deeply connected to the organisations purpose.
As a Board Member on the Open House board, you will contribute to our team by:
- Guiding our strategic direction
- Providing governance and general oversight of the organisation
- Ensuring the organisation remains robust and fit to meet its purpose
- Attend and actively participate in our monthly Board meetings and the AGM’s and any other special meetings
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A genuine interest in supporting isolated or disadvantaged people
- Deep experience in Fundraising (and Marketing); ability to input into fundraising strategy and plans
- Chair or become a member of the Fundraising Committee
- Support the organisation of fundraising events and networking opportunities
- A combination of: NFP Board experience, or experience in strategy, governance, quality and risk management, financial management and organisational oversight gained through senior management roles
- Ideally, experience working in or with the community / social services sector
- Ability to listen, analyse and work well with people
- Preparedness to actively engage in all board activities
Please note that this is a voluntary position.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.