About the organisation
JewishCare NSW has been the major provider of services to the Jewish community in Sydney for over 80 years. In order to achieve our mission of supporting and strengthening the resilience and independence of our community, we offer assistance in the areas of Child and Family Services, Mental Health Programs, Disability Services and Community Aged Services. We are passionate about the work that we do and believe that our staff are our most important asset in providing the best care and support to our clients.
About the role
We are seeking Full time Care Managers to work within our Community Aged Services Team. In this role you will manage allocated cases within Home Support Services including the management and supervision of Home Care Employees (HCEs), entering services into the client management systems, managing invoices, and liaising with other services providing care and assistance to clients of the service. You will also be an advocate for clients’ rights with regards to access and quality care.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Allied Health or Nursing;
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of aged clients and their carers;
- Knowledge and experience in the Aged Care sector or related work;
- Knowledge of Consumer Direct Care packages, programs and standards;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its implications for clients;
- Ability to assess client support needs clinically and develop care plans that support those needs;
- Understanding of person-centred approach to client care;
- Ability to mediate difficult situations and crises with clients, carers and service providers.
- Demonstrated experience in case management in the aged care sector;
- Ability to monitor, supervise and direct staff in the management of client needs;
- Knowledge, sensitivity and an understanding of Jewish values, heritage and culture.
Please address the above criteria in your Cover Letter and CV.
This role is SCHADS Level 4 – the salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
JewishCare is a not-for-profit diverse and inclusive organisation that provides care services in the areas of disability, mental health, aged care, child and family, offers you fulfilling, rewarding and diverse career opportunities for growth and development where you can make a positive impact. We strive to provide best evidence-based client-directed care, while also supporting their families and the local community thanks to over 280 employees and 400 volunteers. Take advantage of our salary packaging options which can increase your fortnightly pay. We are an EEO Employer committed to the principles of cultural diversity and gender equality. We offer a family-friendly flexible workplace and ongoing Learning & Development opportunities.
***Please note that all shortlisted applicants for these position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and visa check (if applicable).
How to apply
Please quote in application: Care Manager via Pro Bono Australia.