About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part Time (60.8 hrs per fortnight), Max Term (until 30 June 2022)
About the opportunity
Caring Dads combines elements of parenting, fathering, family violence and child protection practice to enhance the safety and well-being of children.
Program principles emphasize the need to enhance men’s motivation, promote child-centred fathering, address men’s ability to engage in respectful, non-abusive co-parenting with children’s mothers, recognize that children’s experience of trauma will impact the rate of possible change, and work collaboratively with other service providers to ensure that children benefit (and are not unintentionally harmed) as a result of father’s participation in the intervention.
The Caring Dads Clinician will be responsible for joint facilitation of the Caring Dads program, undertaking individual assessments of men undertaking the program and collaboration with services involved with the client to manage the risks associated with the participants.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant health and or welfare Tertiary Qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences is desirable.
- Preferred Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment.
- Preferred Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment).
- Experience facilitating group work.
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of working with families where alcohol or other drug use is part of the family dynamic.
- Experience and understanding of the Family Violence system and theoretical frameworks.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 20 January 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Keryn Ralph, Manager – Catchment Clinical Services on 0447 200 374
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Caring Dads Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People