About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
About the role
- Fixed term 6 month contract (30.06.2022)
- Part-time (3 days per week)
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunities
- Access to generous salary packaging
The Vaccine Case Support Worker will undertake a range of administrative tasks as well as providing practical client support in order to assist the case management team to achieve the Vaccine program objectives of:
- Improve access by removing practical barriers to COVID-19 vaccinations; and
- Promote and increase vaccine confidence through targeted case management.
Essential to your success
- A minimum Certificate IV in Community Services or working towards tertiary qualification in a related discipline
- Basic understanding of family violence, including knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice and Case Management
- Excellent organisational, administration and time-management skills
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to foster positive working relationships and capacity to work as a member of a team
- Demonstrated understanding and respect of the Child Safe Standards and child safety principles including the safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as children who identify as LGBTI as well as children with a disability.
Please review the Position Description for a full list of position accountabilities and key selection criteria which can be accessed below or at our website at www.edvos.org.au/get-involved.
What We Offer
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Flexible working hours and generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including yoga classes and stretch classes as well as walk at work program- being revamped for 2022!
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm.
This position would require availability to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 4.2 + legislated super.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Support Worker – Vaccination Program via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Other, #Women