About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time or Part Time, Maximum Term (until June 2023)
About the opportunity
EVP Case Workers will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of practitioners to offer strength-based, client-centred, wrap-around support and services including intake, assessment and referrals to other programs and services. This role will also work closely with case workers / practitioners from other programs (internal and external) to assess and process applications for the EVP made on behalf of their clients. This role may also provide short-term direct case management support for clients who face multiple and interrelated barriers to leaving and re-establishing their lives.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work (preferred), community services or related field. Minimum requirement: Diploma in Community Services, or similar.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in trauma-informed and strength-based practice.
- Capacity to engage clients from diverse backgrounds and establish effective working relationships.
- Working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities including working with interpreters.
- Well-developed time management, planning, administration and organizational skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of community services, for example, child, youth and family, family violence, housing, mental health and alcohol & other drug services.
- Experience working with victim survivors of family violence desirable
- Experience delivering phone-based services would be advantageous.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 20 January 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Nicole Day, Senior Manager – EVP on 0408 537 883
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Case Worker, Escaping Violence Payments (EVP) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People