About the organisation
Skyline Education Foundation is a high impact organisation that fundamentally believes that communities benefit and are strengthened when all students have an opportunity to thrive. Its vision is that VCE students, who have high ability or are gifted and/or academically talented become resilient leaders in the face of social and economic adversity. Skyline provides financial support, personal and career development, and educational coaching to highly motivated and culturally diverse cohorts of Year 11 and 12 students from state schools that are in areas of identified lower economic advantage. It also partners and collaborates with schools in areas of social and financial disadvantage; and advocates for changes to education more broadly to support all talented students to achieve.
About the role
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the new CEO will consolidate on the existing strengths created by the inaugural, outgoing CEO and will be responsible for: Strategic Planning; Education Program Framework; Financial and Resource Management; Operational and Team Leadership and Management; Fundraising; and External Stakeholder Engagement.;
Leading a small, high-performing team you will have the skills and experience to provide clear leadership and direction and act as a source of inspiration and motivation to team members whilst building organisational capability, championing the organisation’s culture, and delivering a framework for high quality partnerships. You will effectively manage operational and reputational risk and ensure the organisation is fulfilling its regulatory, statutory and legal obligations including health and safety whilst managing the overall operations and monitor performance against objectives including fostering a collaborative, results-driven, and innovative culture.
With a team of highly skilled educators, you will lead and manage the effective development and implementation of the organisation’s Program Framework and its components, including Student and School selection. You will also oversee the planning, development and delivery of the student evaluation strategy.
You will lead capital and fundraising activities to ensure the financial sustainability and growth of the organisation, including overseeing internal and external communication to ensure that the organisation’s brand is aligned to its purpose and guiding principles. You will also leverage relationship-building skills to maximise diverse capital raising activities and drive support of funders, volunteers and pro-bono providers.
External stakeholder engagement is critical to the success of the organisation and as such you will collaborate, negotiate, engage, and build trusted relationships across the education, corporate, government, philanthropic, non-profit and community sectors and promote and enhance the organisation’s reputation and brand amongst its external stakeholders and act as spokesperson at events/ schools/ universities when required
Key Selection Criteria
We are looking to appoint a highly experienced, values driven CEO with outstanding leadership capability who can demonstrate:
- A relevant Graduate Degree – for example in Education or a commercial field
- CEO/ GM experience in an equivalent size organisation where the key focus is on building a positive and trusted work culture and ensuring ongoing sustainability through competent operational management, financial management, and fundraising.
- Financial planning and operational management skills
- Knowledge and experience of the non-profit, philanthropic, corporate and government sectors with the leadership ability to engage and build trusted relationships across these sectors and others including education.
- Outstanding people leadership capability demonstrating high EQ and the ability to articulate a clear vision and build a positive and highly engaged team
- Knowledge and experience in working in, or with, the secondary education sector, especially in gifted and talented education or in high needs schools, will be highly regarded
- Experience in digitally enabled learning will also be highly regarded
- Strategic planning skills with the ability to lead a collaborative process to develop and implement an organisational purpose, mission, and operational plan that leads to results.
- Proven track record in engaging and building diverse stakeholder relationships.
- Proven track record overseeing fundraising, actively engaging new donors and in developing new business opportunities for an organisation, including driving: grants, critical donor relationships, partnerships including government, and diversification of funding streams.
- A genuine commitment and passion for improving education outcomes in the lives of young people
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to use initiative appropriately
- Working with Children Check
How to apply
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting our Executive Search Partner, Jennifer Galvin-Rowley at Galvin-Rowley Executive on 0410477235 or email@example.com.
Applications should include a current CV together with a brief 1-2 page cover letter. Apply by visiting https://www.galvinrowley.com.au/job/chief-executive-officer-l-skyline-education-foundation
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.