About the organisation
Australian Philanthropic Services (APS) is the leading independent, not-for-profit philanthropic services organisation in Australia. Their 600+ clients donated over $100 million to charity last year and have committed $1.9 billion to charity held in structures that they support.
APS offer fulfilling ways for people to manage their charitable giving over time using tax-efficient structures called ancillary funds. With APS, individuals, families or organisations can establish their own private ancillary fund (PAF) or a named giving fund (also known as a sub-fund) in their public ancillary fund, the APS Foundation.
About the role
APS is looking for a new CEO to continue the steady growth trajectory that the organisation has experienced over the past decade. APS has the right Board, expert staff, a focused business, no conflicts, and an established network.
The purpose of the role is to provide strong leadership to APS and manage the business in alignment with its strategic direction. The role has oversight of all areas of management including but not limited to; strategy, people, operations, financial resources, risk, Board and partnership engagement. The CEO also oversees the performance and effectiveness of the Senior Executive Team.
Experience, knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An affinity, interest or engagement with philanthropy/philanthropic structures in Australia
- A proven track record leading multi-disciplinary teams and an ability to foster a culture of collaboration and unite staff on a common goal
- Senior leadership experience at CEO or Director-level, preferably in a wealth advisory, philanthropic or self-managed superannuation administration organisation
- Strong operational and financial experience, in order to understand sustainability and risk mitigation
- Financial services background or senior leadership experience in a related sector (a significant advantage)
- A relationship development mindset, including the identification and engagement of a diverse, sophisticated market and engagement through a range of channels
- Proven strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop and deliver strategic innovation
- Demonstrated success in building for scale, digital and operational transformation
- Experience in the boardroom with financial professionals and sophisticated philanthropists (an advantage)
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer: Australian Philanthropic Services via Pro Bono Australia.