About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120
years of service
About the role
- Great opportunity to contribute to and play a vital role in a vibrant, agile agency
- Share your expertise working with and supporting victims of sexual abuse
- Full- time and part- time roles available, both fixed term and
- Thomastown based (Wurundjeri Country)
About the Role/Opportunity:
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative therapeutic program within the community?
The primary role and purpose of the Clinical Practitioner position is to provide specialist therapeutic services to children and young people up to age 18 who have been sexually abused, as well as children up to 18 who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour.
The role also involves taking part in prevention initiatives such as training to parents, teachers, and the wider community. This includes delivering school-based prevention programs to young people with topics relating to sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, and healthy sexual relationships
- Provide counseling/advocacy skills with children who have been a victim of sexual abuse or present with harmful sexualised behaviours and their families.
- Deliver prevention groupwork.
- Work collaboratively with others and as part of a team.
- Value and engage actively and positively in supervision and a commitment to critical reflective practice.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, counseling or a related discipline. Postgraduate study desired.
- Experience in delivering therapeutic services that include counseling and advocacy to young people and their families.
- Knowledge of the impacts of trauma, attachment, and family relationships on childhood development.
- Willingness to deliver Prevention Groupwork to young people, parent, teachers and wider community on a range of topics.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years of community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Practitioner (SACPP) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People