About the organisation
ARC Justice (Advocacy and Rights Centre Ltd.) was established in 2000. We have a long history of community engagement, partnerships, advocacy and campaigning, beginning as a tenancy rights and advocacy service in Bendigo and going on to establish two community legal centres in Bendigo and Shepparton.
Our programs now provide legal and tenancy support services across ten local government areas in central and northern Victoria, with a team of 37 staff working to advocate for and uphold the rights of rural and regional Victorians.
About the role
The Community Lawyer will provide legal assistance to clients in our key practice areas of family violence, child protection and family law, along with other areas relevant to disadvantaged communities, such as summary crime and general civil law practice.
The Community Lawyer will be required to attend at outreach court locations to provide advice, consultations and case work in various practice areas.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to provide their clients with wrap around legal service, working collaboratively with community services and partners. This role involves proactive networking and community engagement, and the opportunity to identify systemic issues and think strategically.
You are a lawyer with a passion for human rights and providing legal assistance to clients in disadvantaged communities. A range of applications will be considered including newly admitted lawyers and those with more experience.
You are able to:
- Deliver high quality, accurate legal advice and manage casework
- Develop strong relationships with other supporting organisations/services
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
You will be joining an established and cohesive team that has a strong culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- 1 FTE (76 hours per fortnight) ongoing position.
- A flexible and supportive team environment where staff engagement and development are prioritised.
- SCHADS Level 4-6 Award salary, subject to skills and experience.
- 3 days ex gratia between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Salary packaging and accommodation and meal/entertainment packaging is also available.
- Relocation assistance is also on offer for the right candidate.
ARC Justice is an inclusive employer. Members of the LGBTIQA+ community, CALD and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries can be directed to Julie O’Connor on 03 5831 0900 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Lawyer – GVCLC via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights