About the organisation
About the role
Corporate Services Manager – Sydney Based
Leading eye health charity
The Macular Disease Foundation of Australia (MDFA) is the national peak body representing the macular disease community. Our four pillars of work include: prevention and early detection, supporting the community to live optimally with macular conditions, systemic advocacy and research. There are an estimated 8.5 million Australians at risk of or with some evidence of macular disease.
About the Role
This position will suit a forward thinking and positive individual who actively sees opportunities for change and knows how to engage and influence others to achieve it. It manages a team of four to provide leadership and operational oversight across the corporate services areas of the organisation – finance, IT and administration. The Corporate Services Manager also monitors and implements the initiatives required to achieve best practice governance e.g. risk, quality control, and compliance.
The Corporate Services Manager also plays a key role in advancing the transformation agenda of the organisation, ensuring business systems and processes are aligned to the strategy and business plans.
- Oversee day to day financial activities (e.g. payroll, accounts payable) as well as the cyclical finance projects conducted via the organisation’s virtual CFO (e.g. budgets, financial statements).
- Oversee the planning and management of information technology to ensure business systems and projects are fit for purpose and deliver efficiencies.
- Manage the administrative functions to ensure an effective and efficient office.
- Manage legal and regulatory compliance relating to IR/HR as well as overseeing the employment lifecycle for the organisation – from onboarding to exiting.
- Manage quality and risk across the organisation, making sure policies are in place and regularly updated.
- Contribute to the organisation’s governance through support to the Board and associated committees and coordinating the annual business planning process.
- Identify and lead new initiatives to optimise growth and efficiency using a project management approach.
- Degree qualified in Business or similar discipline.
- At least three years’ proven experience and success in a similar management role working across finance, human resources, IT, governance, and office management.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and implementation, including the ability to identify and allocate appropriate resources and manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional people skills – managing people and teams to deliver quality results, developing and maintaining internal and external relationships for success.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including proven experience in successfully identifying and delivering activities to improve business performance.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office and the ability to understand what is required to align current and future business system needs.
- Under NSW Department of Health regulations, MDFA is covered by a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before employment can commence.
- Experience in the for-purpose sector at a senior management level would be highly regarded or ability to demonstrate motivation to work in this sector.
Benefits of working at MDFA
- Great central Sydney office location and flexible working from home arrangements.
- Up to $15,900 in Not-for-Profit salary sacrifice arrangements and an additional $2,649 for the Meal/Entertainment Benefit.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Work with a great team committed to innovation, new ideas and making a measurable impact for the macular disease community.
- A highly respected national peak body.
- Opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply
A copy of the Position Description is available by emailing email@example.com. Applications must include a cover letter addressing how you meet the at least the first four Essential Requirements (no more than 2 pages) and a CV. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 6 February 2022. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received so candidates may be interviewed, and an offer made before this date.
Please contact Rebecca Sobczak, General Manager, Programs and Operations on 02 8268 8415 for a confidential chat about the role. No recruiters please.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Corporate Services Manager – Leading eye health charity via Pro Bono Australia.