About the organisation
Mental Health Australia is the peak, national non-government organisation representing and promoting the interests of the Australian mental health sector and is committed to achieving better mental health for all Australians.
Mental Health Australia aims to promote mentally healthy communities, educate Australians on mental health issues, influence mental health reform so that government policies address all contemporary mental health issues, conduct research on mental health issues, and carry out regular consultation to represent the best interests of members, stakeholders and the Australian community.
About the role
Deakin, Canberra, ACT
- Excellent opportunity to ‘make a difference’ & work with a national not for profit organisation
- Part-time position (20 – 25 hours p.w on a fixed-term contract with a strong chance of extension)
- Competitive salary of $75,170 (FTE), plus super, plus charity salary packaging options
- Supportive, flexible, and family-friendly work environment
A fixed term role with a contract end date of 30 June 2022 (although there is a strong likelihood of extension). Based in Deakin ACT (with parking), and reporting to the Director Corporate Services, this part-time position is responsible for providing high-level Executive and administrative support to the organisation.
We are seeking a person who can:
- Plan and coordinate events in conjunction with other internal teams;
- Provide quality and timely administrative support to the Executive team including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and actioning items and outcomes.
- Proactively manage emails and correspondence;
- Prepare agendas and minutes of various internal and external meetings;
- Actively promote and assist the Executive with the electronic document and records management system;
- Assist the Finance team with Credit Card reconciliations and the Sitting Fee payment process;
- Be responsible for office management, i.e. planning, organizing and coordinating office activities and functionality,
What the role requires:
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing EA/administrative support at a senior executive level;
- Strong computer skills in the use of Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel, Publisher;
- Exceptional time management, organisational and administrative skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill, with a strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to remain calm and empathetic to difficult callers;
- Effective influencing skills, including the demonstrated ability to build positive relationships internally and externally;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a consultative and inclusive manner;
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
This is a unique opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better mental health for all Australians.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with excellent remuneration circa $75,170 (FTE), plus super, plus charity salary packaging options.
We provide flexible work and leave arrangements, and a range of additional employment benefits to enable employees to balance their work and other commitments.
For further information please contact:
Kylie Bartlett, Senior Corporate Services and Finance Officer, or
Zelma Boggis, Director Corporate Services on 02 6285 3100
How to apply
Applicants should include a copy of their current resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria (skills, knowledge and experience) of the position.
Hit Apply Now to apply for this role and submit your application or go to:
http://mhaustralia.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workplace. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The preferred applicant for this job will be asked to consent in writing to police and entitlement to work in Australia check. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this job. Each application will be considered on its merits. Applicants can contact Mental Health Australia to find out more information
Please quote in application: Executive Assistance Team Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health