About the organisation
About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Passionate team environment with supportive leadership
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 30 June 2022
- Based at Dandenong
About the opportunity
The Family Violence Services Program provides child-centered, family focused case management and counselling support to women and children impacted by family violence. The program supports families to provide effective parenting and a stable environment that promotes child safety, wellbeing and healthy development.
As an Immediate Assistance Practitioner, you will support women and children to address their immediate safety and stability by providing short-term assistance over the phone and outreach support where appropriate. The role will undertake initial risk assessments, develop safety plans using the MARAM Framework and assist with active holding. Working collaboratively with key agencies and Child Protection, the role will assist families to identify relevant referral pathways and support them to access material aid and temporary accommodation.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description including having a Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent qualification as per the mandatory minimum qualification requirements for specialist family violence practitioners.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience within the family violence and child, youth and family welfare sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the MARAM Framework and the Best Interests Framework
- Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of family violence and its impact on women and children
- Proven ability work collaboratively with other services and professionals to achieve optimal outcomes for clients
- Well-developed risk assessment and risk management skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Tuesday 25 January 2022
Get in touch
Maria Gullaci – Team Leader, Family Violence Services
Michelle Cauchi – Manager, Community Programs and Family Violence
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Family Violence Immediate Assistance Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People