About the organisation
Banyule Community Health employs over 300 dedicated health professionals and support staff, working alongside community volunteers and students. Our students are the workforce of the future who are building their capacity to qualify as Health and Community services providers and support workers.
About the role
- Part-time 4 days per week
- Clinical Supervision and Professional Development Opportunities
- Supportive team-oriented environment
- Generous Salary Packaging
Welcome to Banyule Community Health. We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and our culture; built on our core values of Dignity, Quality and Passion.
The Wellbeing and Support team members bring respect, courage and excellence to our work and we are confident we make a significant and positive difference to the health and wellbeing of our clients.
We are looking to recruit two experienced and highly motivated Generalist Counsellor to our Gambler’s Help, BCH community. This is a great opportunity to work in a professional and supportive team-based environment alongside other experienced and passionate staff in the Wellbeing and Support Program.
This position is four days per week, working from our West Heidelberg and Greensborough sites.
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and counselling expertise will see you excel in one of these roles as you:
- Provide high quality short to medium term counselling and group work to individuals and affected others using a variety of evidence-based interventions
- Working with clients affected by gambling with issues such as psychological trauma, anxiety, depression, life-stage issues, behaviour problems and family violence. Your work will support clients to effect change in their life
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of your teams’ goals
- Work with your team and other BCH staff to develop and deliver innovative, flexible, and responsive services to meet the needs of our community
- Ensure the safety of yourself, your team, and your clients
- Commit to ethical and quality care of clients
What you will need to enhance the counselling service and our community’s wellbeing:
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling or a related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Experience in facilitating group work will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and time management skills
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable will be an advantage
- A commitment to ongoing staff development, clinical supervision, and professional development
- A commitment to Community Health Work.
For enquiries, please contact Sheryl Lyons on 9450 2657
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Gambler's Help - Therapeutic Counsellors via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Families