About the organisation
About the role
ActionAid is a global women’s rights organisation working to advance social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication in 45 countries worldwide. ActionAid partners with local women’s organisations, supporting them to design and lead programs to empower women living in poverty and exclusion.
With a focus on women’s economic and climate justice and women’s rights in emergencies, ActionAid Australia fundraises to support women on the frontlines of injustice and get them the resources, knowledge and skills they need to drive change for themselves and their communities.
Benefits & Culture
- Work with a passionate and supportive CEO and a collaborative, committed team
- Flexible working arrangements, respectful, high-trust working culture
- Tax effective salary packaging benefits
- Additional paid Christmas/New Year leave
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will oversee the operations of the organisation, with emphasis on strategic financial and risk management, forecasting and financial and statutory reporting to the board.
You’ll provide both strategic oversight and hands on leadership to ensure governance and operational excellence across finance, administration, human resources, and ICT, including:
- day to day management of a multi-disciplinary and diverse team
- compliance with audit, ACFID, DFAT and other statutory requirements
- management of external HR and IT provider relationships
- property and facilities management, contracts and WHS
You’re a confident leader operating at a senior level in a similar operational role, championing and adding value and sustainability to business and financial practices and models. You’ve been integral in supporting organisational excellence, managing a range of projects and internal functions and influencing process improvements.
With a genuine interest in gender equality and women’s rights and commitment to employee wellbeing and a positive and ethical working environment, you’re able to demonstrate a track record of success in:
- overseeing and ensuring sound financial risk management
- financial reporting to senior leadership teams, boards and statutory authorities
- meeting complex audit and compliance requirements
- leading, nurturing and developing a diverse team
If you’re a skilled finance and operations leader with an interest in working to support and empower women living in poverty, please submit your expression of interest addressing the skills required section above and a resume quoting #836861.
Please include any questions you may have in your cover letter and we will contact you week commencing 17th January. Alternatively, for a confidential phone discussion, Louise Furlong is available from 17th January on 02 8243 0570.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Finance and Operations via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Social_Enterprise