About the organisation
Kids Under Cover is a not-for-profit organisation leading the way in youth homelessness prevention in Australia. Our life changing program combines stable and secure studio accommodation with education scholarships, preventing youth homelessness and helping young people aged 12-25 thrive.
About the role
- Integral leadership role within the senior management team
- Drive the vision and strategic direction of our programs
- Rewarding opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people at risk of homelessness
The Head of Programs provides high level leadership to oversee, enhance and innovate our programs ensuring long term relevance and viability. Reporting to the CEO, this role involves overseeing the end-to-end delivery of our studio and scholarship programs, business development, strategic planning, developing strong relationships with key stakeholders, overseeing contractual compliance obligations and managing risks, and ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and frameworks are in place to safeguard people accessing our programs.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on strategic manager with highly developed leadership and communication skills and extensive experience in program management and evaluation. An in-depth understanding of the overall issues and needs facing youth at risk of homelessness is essential.
- Competitive salary with salary packaging
- Richmond location close to public transport
- Onsite parking
- Flexible working
- Birthday day off
- Passionate, friendly and supportive team
- Opportunities for career development
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- 10+ years demonstrated management experience, with 5+ years senior management experience
- Experience leading, managing and developing teams
- Demonstrated success developing, successfully operationalising and evaluating complex, multi-faceted programs
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships and networks with key stakeholders
- Experience managing a department budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information about this role please contact Katrina Craib, People & Culture Lead, on (03) 9429 7444 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Head of Programs Query”.
Kids Under Cover is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to compete a Working with Children Check and Police Check.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Programs via Pro Bono Australia.