About the organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communication Division is responsible for ensuring that Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
This is achieved through best-practice high volume fundraising approaches; exceptional relationship management of philanthropic partnerships; delivery of iconic fundraising events; and retail product sales and royalties.
The Division’s ways of working enable our teams to move quickly, deliver ongoing value to our supporters and foster a culture of continuous improvement. We connect our cause and values to how we organise ourselves, and our work, to help supporters play their part in saving lives and reducing the impact of cancer.
About the role
- Support the Fundraising and Communications Division to achieve the objectives set for the growth, retention, and acquisition activities to build and maintain relationships with supporters.
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time, fixed term (parental leave cover) until December 2022 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking an Individual Giving Officer to assist and support both internal and external stakeholders with achieving objectives related to growth, retention, and acquisition for Cancer Council Victoria.
Reporting to the Individual Giving Lead your role is to:
- Work closely with the Lead to implement plans that align with the division’s objectives and goals. This will include working within the team and across the unit on opportunities to maintain and grow our supporters
- Contribute to the implementation, execution and success of well-known and highly respected state and national fundraising campaigns.
- Implement and evaluate specific direct marketing initiatives including growth, retention and acquisition campaigns.
- Maintain relationships with the staff within FCD and other Cancer Council Divisions and teams, as well as external stake holders such as suppliers
- Review campaign performance reports and identify opportunities for improvement, including systems, processes and procedures
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Diploma in Marketing or a related field and/or experience in working in fundraising
- Demonstrated experience in working on fundraising campaigns and/or direct marketing campaigns
- Experience with project/campaign planning and implementation including stakeholder engagement.
- Well-developed interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- High-level skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Teams and databases.
What we can offer you
- Salary $55k – $61k commensurate with experience, plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Individual Giving Officer (FCD.46) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Health_–_General